Hi All! This is my first post here. Excited to find this forum, and hope that maybe someone here can help where Medtronic can’t.
I am on the 670G, and have been using it in conjunction with the Guardian 3 Sensor for 3 years. I’ve had my fair share of issues with the sensor, but recently something new has started.
Over the past 6 or so weeks, I’ve had a sharp increase in the number of “Sensor Updating” messages. A couple of notes on these messages for me:
- The messages happen throughout the life of sensor, but get more frequent toward the end.
- The messages are more frequent at night, when sleeping, but happen during the day as well.
- It’s rare for the message to result in needing to actually change the sensor, but that has happened a couple of times as well.
- The messages typically resolve in 30 mins - 1 hr, but can persist for several hours.
- I thought maybe I had a bad Lot of Sensors, but this has persisted even after switching to a new Lot.
- I insert in the back of my arm, alternating each week.
I am confused as to why this has become a recent problem, as I have not changed any of my personal habits.
Has anyone had a similar experience? Could this be attributed to something that has changed in my body, rather than with the technology?
These alerts are becoming very cumbersome, especially since they tend to wake me up at night, and the pump will alarm every 30 mins.
Appreciate any help than can be offered, as Medtronic has not been able to troubleshoot.