About the admin category

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters. Until you edit this description or create topics, this category won’t appear on the categories page.)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

I’m new to the site. I’ve created a topic and message but it sits in draft with no option to post. Is this normal - or is it monitored first then posted? please advise, i’ve tried to figure it out but cannot find rules or “how to post” in navigating this site. thanks. M

@Disco2 Welcome Mary to the JDRF TypeOneNation Forum! I hope that your first attempt to post will not cause you discouragement.

You created your account 11 hours ago, read three topics, created a topic but I do not see your post, it does not appear to be held back for any reason. Occasionally if/when a “dangerous link” is in the message, the system will delete the post.

There is a four step process to creating and posting a new topic:

1. Type a Title
  2. Select a Category
  3. Write your message, and
  4. Click on “Create Topic” at the bottom of the screen.

Let me know if this does not work for you.

Thanks Dennis,

For some reason pressing create A new topic was not posting my message. Third try is the charm I tried it again just now and it posted. Thanks for reaching out! Mary

You are welcome Mary @Disco2 .
Do reach out whenever you encounter any difficulty. We rebuilt this site in 2018 to hopefully make this forum more user friendly and so it would work on a wide variety of platforms / devices.
I see now that you have been making yourself known, thanks!

1 Like

I need to change the email address that I used when I registered here. I can’t find a way to do it. Please advise.

The most easy way Dee @HighHopes is to access your profile and in the “Preferences” tab to click on the wrench and change, modify, or add alternate email address. The Way:

1. Click on your picture icon - for you, the “H” in a yellow circle. that will cause a bar with symbols to appear;
  2. Select the “person character”;
  3. Select “summary”;
  4. Select “Preferences”;
  5. Scroll down to the eMail section, click the tool and make your change.

While you are on that page, you can make any number of chances on how you appear. After making changes , be certain to scroll to the bottom an click “ SAVE CHANGES ”.

If you need assistance, please let me know.

1 Like

Thanks so much. I think it’s all set now.