Amazing History of Diabetes, Compliments of Richard

Richard-   I stole this from you, but you hadn't posted it on TypeOneNation and it is incredible.  I hope you don't mind.

Below is a preview of the history and photos on this link.  Slides 12 and 13 are humbling.  Thank God for modern diabetes treatment.

http://www.diabeticconnect.com/slideshows/48-history-of-diabetes?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=History%2Bof%2BDiabetes#11

Awakening from Keto-acidosis

The scientists went to a hospital ward with diabetic children, most of them comatose and dying from diabetic keto-acidosis. This is known as one of medicine's most incredible moments. Imagine a room full of parents sitting at the bedside waiting for the inevitable death of their child. The scientists went from bed-to-bed and injected the children with the new purified extract - insulin. As they began to inject the last comatose child, the first child injected began to awaken. Then one by one, all the children awoke from their diabetic comas. A room of death and gloom, became a place of joy and hope. Photo Credits- Library and Archives Canada

Photo: HISTORY OF DIABETES : Awakening from Keto-acidosis After developing a refined insulin scientists went to a hospital ward with diabetic children, most of them comatose and dying from diabetic keto-acidosis. This is known as one of medicine's most incredible moments. Imagine a room full of parents sitting at the bedside waiting for the inevitable death of their child. The scientists went from bed-to-bed and injected the children with the new purified extract - insulin. As they began to inject the last comatose child, the first child injected began to awaken. Then one by one, all the children awoke from their diabetic comas. A room of death and gloom, became a place of joy and hope. Photo Credits- Library and Archives Canada Read More---> <a href= 

http://www.diabeticconnect.com/slideshows/48-history-of-diabetes?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=History%2Bof%2BDiabetes#11

This is the most tear-jerking lovely thing i have read in a very long time and was very informational as well, thank you so much for posting it!