Animas Ping Low Battery

How much time do I have once Agamemnon starts warning me his battery is low? The picture on the screen makes it seem like i've got a week, but I feel like that makes it an un-useful and super annoying alarm. Do I need to change the battery before I go to bed, or will it keep working for the next week? Batteries are expensive, so I want to use them as long as possible, but I also know that the alarms don't wake me up.

Anyone ever kept track of how long a low battery warning lasts before there is no more battery left?

mine usually warns me about a week before the battery fully runs out. the alarm is annoying, but i don't change the battery right away. i just make sure to keep a spare with me at all times and just change it when its completely out. 

I usually also wait about a week after the "battery low" warning starts.  I also want to stretch it out because of the cost of the batteries.  I don't let it completely die though; I think that would worry me too much!

I don't have a Ping, but I have an Animas 1250...my battery actually completely died a couple weeks ago when I was changing my site. I know it hadn't been low for a week at that point...but either way it died and it sucked having to head to the 24/7 grocery store as this was about 12am. I cleaned them out Lithium batteries though :)

I usually keep the battery until I get annoyed by the alarm.

Has anyone besides me seen how fast these batteries die? My dad has a 1250 and his doesn't die as much as my ping does!

Oops, I forgot to mention in my reply that I use the Animas 2020, not the Ping...

Courtney, are you using lithium or alkaline batteries?  Apparently the lithium ones last longer. 

I've never used any besides lithium! I go through about a battery a month!

Wow!  I only go through about one every three months!  Imagine if you were using the alkaline ones, you'd be changing it every day!  LOL

Yea really! Once I change the batteries in my pump a few weeks later my meter needs a battery change!!! Annoying!

That really doesn't seem normal to me...  I would call Animas if I were you.

I have to call for supplies soon maybe I'll say something to them about it!

that suckes about the battery alaram... my pump sest an alarm for like 15 hours before it completely runs out

[quote user="Nads"]

Oops, I forgot to mention in my reply that I use the Animas 2020, not the Ping...

Courtney, are you using lithium or alkaline batteries?  Apparently the lithium ones last longer. 

[/quote]

Has anyone ever had problems with flying and using a lithium battery?  I was told that lithium batteries are not allowed on passenger planes.

Courtney,

I saw on the Animas site that they now have an option of ordering batteries with your supplies. I wonder if they are giving the option of billing insurance for that. I usually change my battery once the alarm goes off. I would rather not deal with the battery dying while I am asleep. Granted the other day the battery alarm went off while I was asleep, it did eventually wake me up enough to that I could eventually figure out what the noise was that I was hearing. Just not enough for me to care about it. So I know I can get at least 4 hours out of a low battery warning. I will have to track this battery now though. But it will take me about a month to reply to the length of life with the battery.

the battery feature is one of the most annoying things about my ping. WHY do i have to do a full rewind every time i change the battery? complete bull shit if you ask me.

when i use lithium batteries, i have about 3 days after a low battery warning. when i use normal batteries, i only have a day at the most before it completely dies. also annoying. i've never had to use lithium batteries before. BUT all in all i like ping diddy infinitely more than i EVER liked pookie (a deltec)

I know that my dad gets his batteries through Animas but I can't remember if our insurance covers that or not.

on the animas website, the batteries are 2 for $7. With my insurance coverage, that would be equivalent to the price i pay in stores.

I never knew that the batteries actually last that long after the warning. I usually change it within 30 minutes of the alarm. I'll have to remember that now.

Also, Courtney, I have a Ping, and the batteries (lithium) last about a month for me too. With my old pump (a Cozmo), I used alkaline batteries, and I had to change it every week! What a pain.

I agree C- I hate that you have to do a full rewind and everthing when you change it.