Hi Sarah! Welcome to Juvenation! :)
I also use the Animas Ping. While there are many things I like about my Ping, and a few things I don't. The only other insulin pump I've used was the Deltec Cozmo, so that is where my frame of reference stems from.
What I like:
- Small increments allowed for basal rates (.025), which help me be more exact in my dosing
- Waterproof - especially important in the summer!
- I didn't have to switch infusion sets/cartridges - the Comfort brand ones I had used with my Cozmo, and liked, work with this one.
- Menus are pretty easy to navigate
- Size of the pump is flatter, so it "hides" under clothing more easily, for me
- It uses alkaline batteries, so I don't have to change the battery as often. I usually go 2 - 3 weeks between battery changes.
- The option of using a remote, so I don't have to dig my pump out of my clothing each time.
What I don't like:
- There's no "back" button - so you have to scroll all the way through menus and start again
- To me, the vibrate mode is pretty noisey. My Cozmo was much quieter.
- When you replace the battery, you have to do the rewind/prime dance all over again. Otherwise, it reads the amount of insulin in your cartridge as "0u" with the new battery in.
Congrats on getting your new pump, and please feel free to message me if you have any questions with it! :)