Any softball players with T1

I am interested in playing softball does anyone have any tips for playing softball with T1??

Hi Allison! My name is Rylie, and I played softball for about 15 years or so and for about 5 years with Type 1. Some tips that I have would just be to check your blood sugar often before, during, and even after a game or practice. This will give you the best idea of how your body reacts to this sport and then you can adjust efficiently from there. For me, it depended what position I was playing and how many games I was playing in a day. My starting blood sugar was also very important to my performance and blood sugar range throughout the game or practice. I liked to stay in a range of about 180-125, and this is where I performed and felt my best. I would also advice you to carry fast acting carbs such as juice, and even a glucagon kit with you in your bag in case of emergency. It is initially your responsibility to take care or yourself and make sure that you are prepared. I really hope you enjoy the sport as much as I did and I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and hopefully I can help :slight_smile: