Anyone other t1ds willing to connect?

Hi! I’m Abby. I’m fourteen and have had t1d since august of 2018. I use the medtronic 670 insulin pump as well as the guardian sensor. I’m into video games, reading, writing, and would love to meet other people living with t1d.

Hey Abby! I’m also Abby!! I’m 17 and I’ve had T1D since I was 7.
I’d love to connect with you! I’ve created a few different group chats for teens with T1D to chat and make friends; I can absolutely add you to one if you’d like. Feel free to pm me and we can exchange contact info! I can’t wait to chat with you :slight_smile:

Hi Abby! I’m Gabby :slight_smile:
I’m 14 too, I use a Dexcom G6, but no pump yet for me(i go low too much) and I would really would like to have a friend my age with t1d! If you want to email me, my email is grhilterbrand@students.henhudschools.org

Bye!

Hi, Abby! I’m Keith (though friends call me “DJ,” but I can’t tell you why on public media…). Do you mind if someone who isn’t in his teens chimes in here?
I was almost 14 when I was diagnosed as a T1… and that was in 1960, so now I’m (let’s see… add the ones, carry the two, take the square root) 73. Which means I can tell you it’s quite possible to live a long and enjoyable life with this crazy affliction (as I always tell the people in the diabetes self-management class I meet with once a month). I’m pretty healthy; my wife and I go out walking every day, and do exercises 2-3 times a week, and so far I haven’t fallen on my head. But I don’t think I could play a good game of volleyball any more, as we used to do back in graduate school in Tucson.
I do some video games, read a lot, and do lots of computer stuff. I’m in the midst of creating a computer version of the old game “Battleship,” but using the Filemaker Pro database program, just to see if I can do it. I mean, right now I have more time for silly things than usual…
Quick word to Gabby: don’t absolutely cross off the pump idea. Both the Medtronic (which I used for about 20 years) and the Tandem (which I switched to in February) pumps work with CGMs to (try to) prevent you from going too low. But I remember things were more difficult when I was in my teens than they are now. I could tell you a couple weird “hypo” stories… (but that WAS back when I had to boil my glass syringe to sterilize it every morning, and sharpen the needle on a whetstone; things have really improved for us T1s over the years!)
Best wishes, and enjoy your life!

–Keith