Bionic Woman

This May I went down to Jamaica with my boyfriend for a wedding and in one of the pre-nuptial activies, headed out on a 5 hour snorkeling cruise.  I had on a new bikini as well as my pump and CGMS.  I noticed a few odd stares from the Jamaican boat staff, but didn't think much of it.  After an hour of snorkeling and  a few hours on the boat, we went ashore for lunch of traditional jamaican food....rice, beans and fish.  I put a temp. basal rate on my Medronic Minimed pump to account for the high fiber in the beans.  The minimed pump alarms every hour to remind you that your temp basal is on.

After lunch, I climbed back onto the catamaran to head back to the mainland and while sitting on a bench waiting for the boat to leave, my pump alarmed and I fiddled with the buttons to clear the alarms.  When I looked up, one of the Jamaican crew members was standing in front of me with a strange look on his face.  You can imagine my surprise when he opened his mouth and asked......"are you a robot??"

HAHAHAHAHA

Sarah,

Wooohoooo - I ROBOT, LOL - I love it!  Thank you so much for sharing this!!!

Cheers!

A-D

That was great , I had a laugh at being a robot. thanks for sharing!

CJ

thats funny!

hahahaha That's REALLY funny!!!!!!! LOL! :D

Haha, that is great!

I have been on the OmniPod Pump and wear it on the back of my arm and was sitting at a bar with a few friends one night when a gentleman walked up to me and asked, "I'm sorry to bother you, but is that your garage door opener?" I laughed hysterically and then felt bad once I realized he was totally serious.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets stared at strangely.  :)

Well, did you say yes??

hy

Are you a robot? lol!

That is awesome!  I always call my pump and meter my "robot parts".

Oh my gosh, I know what I'm being for Halloween this year!!

Lol my little cousin asked similar questions the last time she visited!