Bret Michaels

I just saw this on Twitter - apparently, unrelated to his brain hemorrage, he now has had a stroke, and doctors have found a hole in his heart.  Poor dude.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b182158_bret_michaels_hospitalized_stroke_hole.html

that guy just can't win. :o(

Unlike the aneurysm, a TIA / mini-stroke can be related to D. But, maybe it's related to the hole in his heart instead? What is going on with that poor guy???

I really hope that things will get better for Bret, he's been through alot lately.

Having a TIA (which was found to be D related) is very scary, I had one in Jan. 2009 at the age of 30.

[quote user="orange_mms"]

Having a TIA (which was found to be D related) is very scary, I had one in Jan. 2009 at the age of 30.

[/quote]

I thought of you when I heard about his TIA! Must have brought back some less-than-fun memories for you...

hes a extremely bad example for kids and teens with diabetes.. this guy never takes care of himself... he drinks all the time... its ridiculous.....

Thoughs??

he's raising money which is awesome, but if he wants a cure and he wants focus on type 1 his money should have gone towards JDRF. the ADA is an education agency for all types of diabetes - they don't donate money towards research. however, any money going towards diabetes awareness and education is still money well spent.

those are my thoughts :o)

[quote user="Sarah"]

[quote user="orange_mms"]

[/quote]

I thought of you when I heard about his TIA! Must have brought back some less-than-fun memories for you...

[/quote]

It sucks to say I understand what it feels like to have a TIA. Although I am doing well, I'll never forget how afraid I was during that time in my life.

Thank You for thinking of me : )

I was totally thinking the same thing. I was trying to see if there was any way to contact him as an FYI for future donations/support...although I agree - any support is helpful and it is great that diabetes is in the spotlight now! yay he won!

Bret Michaels refers to his daughter as borderline diabetic. I have always thought either you have it  or you don't.  Can anyone explain?

Thanks

Bret Michaels refers to his daughter as borderline diabetic. I have always thought either you have it  or you don't.  Can anyone explain?

Thanks

heh heh... this one's easy.

there is no such thing as borderline diabetic. there's prediabetic and there's the honeymoon phase and then there's diabetes. i'm guessing he's mistakenly calling her something when she's either prediabetic or in her honeymoon.

The money Bret is raising is going towards the summer camps for kids diagnosed with T1. I think that's a great cause and a totally different cause than funding research for a cure. While finding a cure is the ultimate goal, the summer camps help people actually living with the disease day to day right now. I wasn't diagnosed until I was in my 20s and so never went to any of these summer camps, but I would imagine they provide kids with a lot more than just a few days away from home.

And as for being a role model, I agree Bret has had some problems and made some silly or ill-informed comments, but he is bringing a lot of awareness towards the disease. To me, that far outweighs any of the comments he might have made in the past.

I agree that I was happy to hear he was raising money for summer camps, At first, I was annoyed the money was for ADA, not JDRF. But, that made me feel better.

*sings*

Every rose has its thorn

I just bought a six pack of his diet snapple Trop-a-rocka!