Call for volunteer moderators

Hi everyone,

We are looking to fill some volunteer moderator positions for the Groups section. If you are interested please reply back to this post.

Thanks in advance.

Gina

This is really an important thing YOU can do to contribute to this diabetes community. We hope to get teen moderators for the teen forums, parent moderators for the parent forums, etc. Some of you have really shown some leadership already on the online discussions. We'd love to make you "official." In return we'll give you training and have you take part in some discussions about how to make JUVENATION even better.

Id like to help out. What does it entail?

I'd also like to help out, but would also like to know what it entails...Reason being that if it requires a lot of hours on here, then I probably won't be able to do it just because of my work scheduling.  Sometimes, if I get a feature film project, then I hardly get to get on the computer for the duration of the production which can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months or so.  But, in between film projects, I have a lot of time that I could commit to this site.

Agreed, what are the responsibilities? What areas need moderators? I am most interested in the research and technology group, but it seems to be well behaved already.

I'm still here- so when ever you want to cantact me i'd be happy to help!

I'm still a fan of the artist section, but I have a dear place in my heart for the parents of type 1 section.

[quote user="ScrappyDy"]

I'd also like to help out, but would also like to know what it entails...Reason being that if it requires a lot of hours on here, then I probably won't be able to do it just because of my work scheduling.  Sometimes, if I get a feature film project, then I hardly get to get on the computer for the duration of the production which can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months or so.  But, in between film projects, I have a lot of time that I could commit to this site.

[/quote]

Hey Scrappy,

There is no set schedule, you make your own. You are able to give us as much or as little time that you have. It is totally flexible and completely up to you. You will be contacted by Katie the new Juvenation community moderator who will go over your availability and some of the duties in more detail. She will also ask you to fill out a short form and what topics interest you and a little more about yourself as well.

Gina

What the crew does:
Juvenation content crew will look for ways to raise community participation and membership. You will help figure out how to generate what is missing as far as content and how to make it work improving the user experience.

Who can be a Content Crew member? Anyone, we want moms, dads, teens, techies, artists. We don't discriminate!

Some Job task ideas:
• Moderating and generating content in specific target groups such as: Men only, diabetes and pregnancy etc...
• Actively participate in forum and group discussions.
• Bring back to life old topics in the forums that may be useful to users.
• Generating buzz and curiosity about important issues about diabetes.
• Share the latest news,  videos, blogs and technology advancements with your peers providing links to articles etc...
• Promote juvenation on your twitter, myspace, blog, personal website, facebook pages.

I would be interested in helping in the research and technology forum.  I am participating in an islet cell transplant clinical trial and would like to share my experience with the community.  I read all that I can on the topic and think it is important for any Type 1 to be aware of this option.  I understand that it is a huge decision to make and feel that it is important to relay information that will be informative without feeling like I am recruiting.

thanks,

Kathy

I would definately be interested, but I cannot be involved in any lobbying activity at this point (I currently work for the court system and we are not allowed).

I would be more than happy to help with the coping stuff, the fed up with diabetes, women only -- anything that does not involve lobbying for funds/government support.

I will definately be happy to help with those areas in the future though. :)

[quote user="Gina"]

[quote user="ScrappyDy"]

[/quote]

Hey Scrappy,

There is no set schedule, you make your own. You are able to give us as much or as little time that you have. It is totally flexible and completely up to you. You will be contacted by Katie the new Juvenation community moderator who will go over your availability and some of the duties in more detail. She will also ask you to fill out a short form and what topics interest you and a little more about yourself as well.

Gina

Oh cool then!  I'm down.  Thanks, Gina!

[/quote]

I'm totally interested!

Anyone who is interested can you send me a private email to juvenation.admin@gmail.com

Hi Back!

What are you  seeking in a moderator?

Monique

I'm totally interested... I'm on the computer all the time and I currently am on staff as a moderator at a Twilight fan site so I have plenty of experience

Brie

[quote user="Monique"]

Hi Back!

What are you  seeking in a moderator?

Monique

[/quote]

Hi Monique,

Scroll up a little bit and you can see my response to some sample moderator ideas.

Gina

I'm interested!

Gina, as long as I don't have to commit to being on here a huge amount of time, I would be interested. I would love to help out, but I have been very busy with school and other responsibilities. Some weeks, I may not be able to check things out more than a couple of times per week.

Sarah,

Time is entirely at your convenience.

G

Hey Gina,

I'll volunteer to moderate the Crusty, Curmudgeon T1 section. I am only slightly joking here. I don't really know anything about being a parent of a T1, and I am 33 years young, so I don't know about moderating young'uns. I would be going from my pre-cell phone days, when the internet was this brand new invention and a telephone was something that connected to a wall at your house, or stowed away in a bag the size of a horse's feedbag...

I don't think I am really leadership material, but I would love to give back some of what was freely given to me, so my name's in the hat. Let me know what, if any, aspect of this I might contribute to.

Kneazle