Urge Governor Dayton to Veto Anti-Stem Cell Research Legislation
The Call to Action
CALL and/or e-mail Governor Dayton: Please veto any bill that contains language that bans or criminalizes therapeutic cloning research.
Telephone: 651-201-3400 Toll Free: 800-657-3717
Or email: http://mn.gov/governor/contact-us/form/
FORWARD this action alert to your e-mail address book.
What to Say
· Please veto any bill restricting or criminalizing therapeutic cloning or SCNT (somatic cell nuclear transfer)
· Such a ban would represent a devastating step back for medical research in Minnesota.
· Therapeutic cloning is not reproductive or human cloning
· The Current legislation, while claiming to only ban human cloning, actually bans therapeutic cloning, too.
· Research in therapeutic cloning shows great promise for millions of people with Diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Muscular Dystrophy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s and other diseases.
· These bills are anti-business, anti-research, anti-patient and anti-hope. That is not the Minnesota I want to live in.
If you can do more
· Call your Minnesota Senator and Representative
Tell him or her to please vote “NO” on any bill that contains language that bans or criminalizes therapeutic cloning research. (see above talking points)
Go to this site to find contact information for your Senator and Representative http://www.leg.state.mn.us/leg/legdir.aspx
· “Like” www.facebook.com/jdrfminndakotas on Facebook so you can share this alert with your friends and family.