Can you answer these questions?

I am recycling this post from A-D because it actually had some really good questions!

If you guys can take a minute to answer these it would be greatly appreciated! Just copy and paste the questions as a reply in this thread to answer!

1. A1C’s pre-Juvenation vs. Post Juvenation

2. Have you found you are paying more or better attention to your diabetes since joining the site?

3. Which if any of the following do you feel like you’ve improved since joining (delete the ones that don't apply to you, leave the ones that apply)

o    Your knowledge about available treatments

o    Your ability to make use of the tools you are currently prescribed

o    Your overall emotional health with regard to your diabetes

o    Your sense of involvement in the diabetes community

o    Your sense of belonging / being more mainstream

4.  How often were you focused on good diabetes control before Juvenation?

o    < 1x per day

o    Only thought about it 1-5 times per day

o    More than 10x per day – or most of the day – every day

5. How often were you focused on good diabetes control after Juvenation?

o    < 1x per day

o    More than 10x per day – or most of the day – every day6.

6. On a scale of 1-10, how big a difference do you think this sort of a support group has made in your care and/or awareness?

I will go first!!

1. A1C’s pre-Juvenation vs. Post Juvenation:

Pre-Juvenation A1c: 9.1

Post Juvenation A1c- 7.3

2. Have you found you are paying more or better attention to your diabetes since joining the site?

I pay more attention

3. Which if any of the following do you feel like you’ve improved since joining (delete the ones that don't apply to you, leave the ones that apply)

o    More than 6x per day

6. On a scale of 1-10, how big a difference do you think this sort of a support group has made in your care and/or awareness?

10!! The support that I have gained from Juvenation is something I can never explain. Everyday I feel as though I have enriched a life. People that I don't know who care about me and I care about, makes me want to take care of myself and keeps me empowered and  motivated to stay healthy.

Pre: 6.9%

i'm paying more attention to my diabetes

6. On a scale of 1-10, how big a difference do you think this sort of a support group has made in your care and/or awareness? rating: 9.9%

current is 7.2 but I do not remember pre-Juvenation  

2. Have you found you are paying more or better attention to your diabetes since joining the site?

Yes but I think during the time I joined this site I was becoming more pro-active over all 

3. Which if any of the following do you feel like you’ve improved since joining (delete the ones that don't apply to you, leave the ones that apply)

o    Your knowledge about available treatments

o    Your sense of involvement in the diabetes community

o    Your sense of belonging / being more mainstream

4.  How often were you focused on good diabetes control before Juvenation?

o    Only thought about it 1-5 times per day 

o    More than 10x per day – or most of the day – every day. 

7 on my care as it has improved the day to day loneliness of this disease 

Yay surveys!

Last A1C was 7.2, which was pre-Juvenation

Getting ready for post Juvenation in December!

Yes yes yes! I've been tremendously better about keeping good records and monitoring my levels. I'm almost wondering why I need a CGM now :P You guys have turned me into a testing machine!

o    Your sense of belonging / being more mainstream (I can't agree with this one more!)

o    More than 10x per day – or most of the day – every day6. (I'm definitely more in a zone having found Juvenation)

A MILLION!! I don't feel as alone as I did before I found Juvenation. Knowing there are others like me out there is pretty comforting and is helping me cope with the disease. I'm going to sound like a total dope, but EVERYONE HERE IS AMAZING! HUZZAH! (^_^)

Pre - 8.2ish, Now - 6.5

Most definitely.  I feel some accountability due to all of the posting I do on here, that helps me stay on track.

o    Your sense of belonging

This is a tough one to quantify.  I didn't think about it "all the time" like I do now, but I don't think it was only 1-5 times a day before.

o    More than 10x per day – or most of the day – every day.

10!  Seriously!  If Juvenation ever closes down, I will be crushed.  This place is awesome.

13.2 pre and 5.9 post

More attention but was heading that way prior to the site.

6. On a scale of 1-10, how big a difference do you think this sort of a support group has made in your care and/or awareness? 9.5.

My last one was 8. Pre-Juvenation was when I was first diagnosed which was somewhere above 7.

Definitely paying more attention, I see the stories everyone tells and want to make sure I am doing everything I can to improve my health.

o    About 6x a day

10, Juvenation has taughts me a lot about every little thing that I could think of. Even things I never considered before now I know!

8.4 and 8.4 - haha I stay pretty steady around the mid/low 8's

Not really...

5 - this site has really only made me feel like i'm finally part of the community instead of avoiding other diabetics because i've been called a "bad diabetic" for not following all the "rules" in the past...but I wouldn't say it's made my care or awareness better.

Pre-Juvenation was in the 8 range

Post Juvenation - just got my results last week...5.9!!!!!

Definitely paying more attention.  I was doing ok before but I understand things better now, don't feel so alone and it has definitely helped me pay more attention.

10 for sure!!!! This site has helped me not feel so alone and has been able to help me when I've been having a bad day or just didn't know what to do.

pre- 7.2,   post 6.0

yes

[quote user="Gina"]

PRE:  12.3

Yes, most definitely!  The more frequently I check Juvenation, the more I pay attention to my diabetes.  It's a positive though because I used to be in denial of my diabetes.

ALL OF THE ABOVE!

o    < 1x per day

10:  I would not be in better control of my diabetes if it were not for Juvenation.  The people here are like family to me.  Everyone's so supportive and positive, I don't feel alone, misunderstood, or judged upon.  

[/quote]

6.1 vs 5.9

more 

6. On a scale of 1-10, how big a difference do you think this sort of a support group has made in your care and/or awareness?  3

About the same pre- and post-Juvenation, between 6.5 and 7.0.  

I think about diabetes a lot more, and in some ways this has made my life more difficult because I think about the downsides of diabetes 

more than just taking care of myself.  Still, I've learned a lot here. 

Uhh, every time I checked or ate a meal?  Whenever I think about diabetes I'm always focused on good control.  I guess about 6-8x/day.

Probably more like 8-10x/day.

8.  My care hasn't changed, but my awareness has increased a LOT!  I often consider my care though, because here it's easy to get input from people who use different pumps/CGMs/meters/insulins, etc.  I also love coming here because I know that a) everyone is understanding of the stresses and difficulties of diabetes, b) many different opinions are expressed, c) I can help people with their issues/questions knowing that I can ask questions and share topics for discussion knowing that others will help me/reply with their own insight.  

[quote user="Gina"]

pre: 4.9

post: 6.1 (I think, maybe it was 6.3?) --- I've had fewer lows w/ my CGM

Yes! I was already in pretty good control, but it's made me think about it more and in different ways.

6. On a scale of 1-10, how big a difference do you think this sort of a support group has made in your care and/or

awareness? 

10 for emotional support, and some support for my care (was already pretty anal retentive about it, lol)

[/quote]

pre - 7.5 post ?? will know in a few weeks

For sure more and better attention.  I can't wait for the day to be able to brag about a good A1C

The emotional health improvement and sense of not being alone is wonderful.  The feelings of "why bother" and "no one understands" are so much less now.

o    Only thought about it 1-5 times per day (even though it is the "same amount per day" it really isn't.  I am focused more, just not ALL day).

8 in areas of actual medical care, but a 10+ in areas of personal care and emotional health. 

THANK YOU GUYS!!  It would so much more difficult without you.

I am recycling this post from A-D because it actually had some really good questions!

If you guys can take a minute to answer these it would be greatly appreciated! Just copy and paste the questions as a reply in this thread to answer!

pre-juv: 7.4, post-juv: 6.3

i would say "most definitely" to both. others on here to strive for better control make me want to have better control too :D

Yes to all of the above!

o    < 1x per day

A "good chunk" of the day.... that works. :o)

1 billion! Since that's not an option, I choose 10. :o) I have made lots of friends, even met up with a few people on here, and learned how to take the best control possible of myself and my diabetes. Juvenation has been awesome! It has become my d-family :D:D:D

haha thanks for making me look like a jerk guys with my answers =P haha

[quote user="Batts"]

[/quote]

we always thought you were a jerk, batts. no worries. our opinion of you hasn't changed. ;o) HAHA! :op

[quote user="C"]

[quote user="Batts"]

[/quote]

we always thought you were a jerk, batts. no worries. our opinion of you hasn't changed. ;o) HAHA! :op

[/quote]

LOL!  We love you Batts!  :)