Contact your House Rep to Support the Special Diabetes Program

Below is an email received yesterday from JDRF, hopefully the links embedded below will work so you and your friends/family can all contact your Congressman/woman to support the SDP:

Earlier this week, JDRF asked you to mobilize on a critical call to action—and you showed up. Because of you, 60 U.S. Senators signed onto a letter of support for the Special Diabetes Program (SDP), thus signaling to Senate leadership—in a bipartisan fashion—that there is strong interest in renewing this important type 1 diabetes (T1D) research funding.

A similar letter is circulating in the U.S. House of Representatives, and we need your help to make it equally successful. If you haven’t yet already, please take a moment to contact your Representative TODAY and ask that they sign onto the SDP letter of support being circulated by Reps. Diana DeGette (D-CO-1) and Gus Bilirakis (R-FL-12), Co-chairs of the Congressional Diabetes Caucus.

The SDP has consistently delivered research breakthroughs and care improvements to the T1D community. To date, the program has accounted for $3.4 billion in T1D research dollars. While it is currently funded at $150 million annually, the funding expires on September 30, 2023.

Please take action and ask your friends and family to do the same. Thank you for helping to drive support for T1D research—together we’re powering progress for our loved ones.

With appreciation,

Laura Whitton
Vice President, Government Relations & Grassroots Advocacy

@Jophilly , your link is broken. All that opened was another page at JDRF with no text of a sample letter, only a handful of more ambiguous links.

Please fix the broken link so there is not need to hunt and drill. Your post here should, in my opinion, be a straight shot to the sample legislative letter with an explanation of the request.

@987jaj The JDRF Advocacy action item Joanne posted is from a few months ago and has expired. To find more ways support diabetes research check out https://www.jdrf.org/advocacy

Not everyone is great at the internet. They are usually great at other important things. Lend a hand and post a better link if you can find one. I found JDRF has a bad link on the page that displayed today at the link Joanne posted and sent JDRF a message using their contact us form.

1 Like

I believe the links expired, this is an old post. If I can figure out a way to remove the post, I will.

1 Like