Dexcom G4 Insertion

For those of you that have used the Dexcom G4 CGM system, is the insertion painful? I have heard that there is virtually no pain, but others say otherwise. Is it worse than a shot or pump insertion, or about the same?

There are times when I have found the insertion painful, and others when it really doesn’t bother me at all. It really depends on the spot you’re using. The needle is a little bit longer than your typical insulin injection and it is also angled. Once it is in though, it really never bothers me. I would say that, in average, the insertion of the sensor isn’t painful. But there’s always that one time where you hit a nerve… I guess that for me it really depends where I’m putting the sensor. This probably didn’t help too much, but I hope it helped you make your decision :stuck_out_tongue:

My experience is the same as the previous comment. Most times on insertion I feel nothing or maybe a slight pinch. Sometimes it hurts more, but I find the same is true with infusion sets. I don’t think the Dexcom is any worse.

Thank you for sharing, @EmilyLake and @KCsHubby
I do have a pump and it is the same with the infusion sets. It’s a game of “Hit - or -Miss” every time!
Thank you again!