Diagnosis on 2 days after ur birthday

When i was diagnosed it was 2 days after my 9th birthday. I was very sas to stay in the hospital for a while. I felt like commiting suicide. But i didnt and agter i got out of the hospital, it was a secret from everyone. I hid everything and only my friends knew. It was hard but still even now i still cant believe that it was 2 days after the best day of my life!!!

That’s so sad! I’m glad you got to enjoy your birthday out of the hospital and I’m glad you were diagnosed quickly after your birthday.

I know it had to seem like a bummer at the time, but the high blood sugars must have made you feel tired and bad. Taking insulin isn’t fun, but it’s better that having crazy high blood sugars.

HI Erin,

I’m sorry to hear about your struggle. You are a very strong and brave to be putting yourself out there and being on this blog. If I can get through this, I know you can too! It will get better!

Did you hear about Ms. Idaho, Sierra Sandison? She has Type 1 Diabetes and wears her insulin pump during competitions for all to see. Please google her! You will find that having Type 1 diabetes isn’t the end of the world. Please remember you can do anything, don’t let anything stand in your way.

All the best,

Sara