Does your insulin usage change with the seasons?

My total units of insulin used in the winter hovers between 80-90/day but during the summer and fall is closer to 50-60/day.

For me, this is a combination of several factors:

• the hotter weather in the summer increases my sensitivity quite a bit
  • I don't run as much in the winter
  • I eat more foods which I am unsure of the carbs of during the winter....at a party, grabbing a handful of something, etc

What about you, do you notice any difference in how much insulin you use at different times of the year?

I don't have as dramatic a difference between seasons, but do need to increase basal rate slightly in the winter.  Probably take about 5 units more a day.  Of course I'm munching on a gingerbread cookie while typing this, so holiday food might have something to do with it too. =) 

Yup, I'm pretty much the same as you!

I probably have the opposite problem as you.

When the weather is hot, I tend to run higher and end up needing more correction doses than in the fall and winter. I'm super sensitive to heat, so heatwaves stress me out. haha.

[quote user="Batts"]

When the weather is hot, I tend to run higher and end up needing more correction doses than in the fall and winter. I'm super sensitive to heat, so heatwaves stress me out. haha.

[/quote]

Luckily you're in Canada. (: (:

I don't usually notice a big difference. I've had to up my basals lately, but I had assumed it was because I "finished" a diet and am eating more normally again. (I say "finished" b/c with all this stupid holiday food, I've gained 2 lbs back already -- boo!!)

[quote user="Sarah"]

[quote user="Batts"]

[/quote]

Luckily you're in Canada. (: (:

[/quote]

haha yeah us with "the igloos, sled dogs, winter 24/7 358days of the year, and summer lasting only being one week" ;)

my blood sugar's actually do the same thing with heat, when it snows. we had about two weeks of snow on the ground last year..which isn't normal at all (usually we get a couple hours of snowfall, it MIGHT stick for a few hours, then melts)..my blood sugar wouldn't go below 18 the whole time..despite injecting waaaaaaay more insulin than i normally would. stress sent me up to the moon!

I think I use about the same amount of insulin throughout all the seasons.  Maybe a little more in the winter, because of stress, holidays, etc.

Yup, I'm pretty much the same as you!

authentic nfl jerseys Ed Hardy Clothing