Energy drinks and the like

So does anyone take the 5 hour energy and other stuff like that??? Just curious.

when i can find them..i like the BLUE monster drinks. zero carbs = zero insulin.

other than that, i just drink the monster drinks regardless and just shoot up... tho i dont actually know the carb amount so i prefer the blue monster drink.

red bull = p!ss mixed with soda water

rockstar = i can't even think of something to compare it to..haha. just gross.

I used to rely on Full Throttle to function, somehow I managed to wean myself off of them.  It brings up a good question about how diabetics are different. A friend of mine in med school said that energy drinks with lots of sugar can trigger a giant release of insulin, making someone more tired than if they hadn't consumed the drink.  If a diabetic does not take the insulin required for an energy drink, do they avoid this tiring effect?  Or is the resulting high blood sugar/caffeine overload just as tiring?  I know there are diet energy drinks, I'm just interested in the scenario.

I have diet orange FRS drink mix - 2 carb, mixes with water - great during a workout to keep energy up

I have been looking for the Blue Monster anytime I remember at convenience stores and the like. Sometimes at Wallyworld. But I just can't seem to track it down as of yet. I am really craving to try it. I like to try new things. Instead for my "energy" drink I just use Diet Mountain Dew and run around crazy!

I am very partial to the Sugar free Rockstar energy drink (in the white can).   I can't drink a whole one because the caffeine makes me all jittery and anxious which is a similar feeling to being low...  It has kind of become a ritual for my husband and I to split one before we play a show so that we can be all balls to the wall and high energy on stage.  We have tried the 5 hour stuff when we were driving on the road for long stretches... It is not too bad but take 2 in one day and you really start to feel crappy!

[quote user="Brian"]

I have been looking for the Blue Monster anytime I remember at convenience stores and the like. Sometimes at Wallyworld. But I just can't seem to track it down as of yet. I am really craving to try it. I like to try new things. Instead for my "energy" drink I just use Diet Mountain Dew and run around crazy!

[/quote]

ya the blue one is really hard to find. i'm tempted to order some from their online store! i think i've only managed to find it twice, both at two random places. this weekend for my trip up to tofino, i had to buy two green monster drinks(which taste the same as the blue one surprisingly enough!) for the drives. couldn't find any blue :(

Monster Blue Low Carb has 3g of sugar carbs, I believe.
The main ingredient, after carbonated water, is listed as "glucose."

[quote user="Paul Glantzman"]

Monster Blue Low Carb has 3g of sugar carbs, I believe.
The main ingredient, after carbonated water, is listed as "glucose."

[/quote]

excatly, zero insulin needed :) yay 1:10 ratio.

i'm pretty sure even the diet ones have sugar in them too :P haha

I always thought the Monster's had at least 6g of Carbs.

Blue Rockstar on the other hand, advertises, and lists ZERO carbs.  It tastes great too.  I would definitely go for that one.

Wow where do you guys live! Most of the time when I go to the store I see the blue monster and there is always a deal for 2 16 oz cans for $3. But I have yet to taste the 6 hour energy

[quote user="Matt Johnson"]

I always thought the Monster's had at least 6g of Carbs.

Blue Rockstar on the other hand, advertises, and lists ZERO carbs.  It tastes great too.  I would definitely go for that one.

[/quote]

the regular ones have like 27g, but the low carb is only 3g.