Epic Fail

Last year, I got a letter from my insurance company addressed specially to me (which I found strange considering I was 17). I opened it, turned it over to make sure that it was for me, and reread it. I had been diagnosed for 5 years already but the letter read:

We have reviewed yor recent medical records for the past several months and believe that you may have type 1 diabetes. We have attached a list of signs and symptoms to look out for. If you suspect any of these, please contact your physician.

5 years and they just realized that i may have diabetes.  Why else would I be ordering God knows how many diabetic supplies monthly? For the diabetic hobo in my backyard? Epic fail insurance company.

Carrie,

My last insurance provider had a special "diabetes care" thing - and they used to call me (a lot).  The service absolutely did NOT understand Type 1.  They kept telling me how I could significantly reduce or eliminate my medications if I got more active and improved my diet...  They are businesses with large bureaucracies - try not to take them too seriously ;)

Great story!  If you want to get on their marketing literature you can probably write them a detailed thank you note for their notice... ;)

Cheers!

A-D

Oh my gosh, this made me laught so hard! Epic fail indeed!

That is epic lol. That has got to be the funniest story I've read on here.

wowwwwwwwww........... :)