Forum for spouses

Hi all,
Does anyone know if there is a forum or support community for spouses of T1D? TIA!

hi @annabere and welcome to Type One Nation! you are welcome here. Almost all of our participants here are T1 themselves, but certainly we have caregivers and “Significant Other” here as well. If nothing else, we can give you a perspective about what it is like to have T1. If you’d like to ask anything please feel free.

1 Like

@annabere Hello Anna, and welcome to the TypeOneNation Community Forum!

In addition to family members being welcome here at this “Community” Forum, spouses and other family members, as well as those who Assist those with T1D are welcome to all JDRF events At some of the local JDRF events I attend, I’ve regularly met family of someone who has diabetes, but not the person who has diabetes. You can easily find a JDRF Chapter by selecting the EVENTS tab at top of this page, and select JDRF Near You and enter your zipcode.

2 Likes

Hi Hannah. Thank you for posting. My partner whom I had been with for four years, had type one diabetes. The only reason that we are not together anymore is because he just passed away unfortunately in April. He was 44 years old. Nonetheless, I would be happy to answer any questions you might have or to try to help you with any concerns you might have, as well. You’re welcome to reach out to me if you wish. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi @annabere. You don’t say where you are located, but I do know of some organizations/websites that are designed to include partners/caregivers of T1Ds. Some include Type1United in Washington state and ConnecT1D in the same area as well as Canada.