Hello! Thanks for the forum to reach out!
I’m participating in a research study on barriers to CGM use. I’ve lived with T1D for over 30 years, yet have not used this technology for ongoing management. I’m curious how it might help me. I’ve hesitated to adopt the CGM technology for these reasons:
- Low body mass (I already experience difficulty with pump infusion sets for this reason)
- Information overload (continuous data from the CGM concerns me)
- Inconvenience (wearing yet another thing)
- The possibility of painful sensors (this was my experience when I tried CGM tools in the past for short-term use).
However. I’m also open to the possibility that I might love this management tool. I selected the FreeStyle Libre for the research study. I’m hoping you might share your experiences related to this sensor:
- Where do you like to wear the FreeStyle Libre sensor?
- What advice might you share for someone with a lower body mass?
- What do you love about the FreeStyle?
- What do you find challenging?
Thank you so much!