Funny places where you go low

I think it would be fun to hear if anyone has weird places where your sugar goes low every time for no reason. for example  everytime I go grocery shopping I go low,it never fails I could be have a reading of 130 when I leave my house and by the time I am halfway through the grocery aisles I am 60 or less. kinda funny anyone else have weird things like this happen to them

Let's see...abnormal psychology class (Fridays, 9-12 p.m.) always. Couldn't ask for a better venue to get low and try to act...normal.

Movies! Always! I go to the movie, sit down, watch it, get low. I call it the movie theater phenomenon. It doesn't happen when I rent movies. Same for netflix...fine and dandy. Maybe it's the price of the ticket...sheesh!

So I'm not the most directionally-apt of people. That being said, when I manage, once again, to get lost in the town where I have spent most of my life. Major low blood sugar.

Here's an opposite weird thing: I always get elevated blood sugar when I exercise...go figure!

Here's another one...swimming. I can disconnect, reconnect an hour later, and I'm low. I guess that's one exercise moment that's too intense to claim exceptions for.

Oh, wait...one more...roller derby is a killer for blood sugar. I think it's all that planned falling (like stunt training) and skating. That may be why I have four plates and lots of screws in the lower area of my left leg.

Man...that's really food for thought...I've always wondered if other type 1's got low in the same places.

in latin class. or in front of a real long line i tend to get low, and sometiimeslike fall backwards not my fault.....haha

At amusements parks.  I think it's the combination of adrenaline from excitement, heat, exercise, etc.  But it's happens EACH time!  Kinda cool, cuz my first stop is the junk food!

Shopping malls. I always go in the morning when it's not so crowded and I can count on being low at around 12 pm. Guess it's the walking/trying on clothes combination?? I don't know.

same here shopping malls are the death of me.

Definitely the mall. It never fails. Usually in the same store too.

i find myself always going low when i go swimming. no matter what i do...even if i take my pump off and suspend it for the time i am swimming! guess my body just gets such a good workout and all my insulin in my body gets excited...hehe:)

School almost always. I could arrive at school in the morning with a blood sugar of 14 and still go low before lunch without taking any extra insulin.

The supermarket too, although I would probably blame that one on my boyfriend making me walk there when I haven't prepared for the exercise.

i had an interview w/ a college admissions woman, which pretty much decided whether i would get an extra 1000 scholarship.  Right in the middle of the interview I went really low, like in the 30s.  Luckily, somehow, she didn't notice and I made a good impression.  I still have absolutely no idea what I said during that second half of the interview haahah

i few years ago at my diabetes camp i was walking back to my cabin from dinner with the rest of the girls in my cabin. there must have been something wrong with the carb counts that we were given because everyone started going low. i was the worst... i was so low i dont remember much of this story but my cabin counselor told me that i just started yelling at a couple hot counelor guys. i was whistling and just being really stupid. she said i was like 28 or something crazy like that. haha i think back at it now and laugh. im sure those guys that i was crazy

Oddly enough while posting on D-related websites....57 right now!

Geography class and Amusement parks for me.
I’m not sure why in Geography but at Amusement parks I think cause I get so excited, especially if there is a new ride that I haven’t been on, or if I’m at an amusement park i’ve never been to. I just get so excited!
Sometimes, If I know I’ll be meeting a new person and that person is in a manner of speaking, “important” i’ll go low then too.

For me, it is just before dinner is served at my Mother's house. Having raised me with the condition since I was 7, she has an excellent grasp of diabetes and usually can tell I am low before I do.  I try to hide my lows so she won't worry, but she has the uncanny ability to know long before I do.  So she now places a glass of OJ on the table 30 minutes before dinner in anticipation of my low, and she is rarely wrong.  It is now a running joke in my family!

[quote user="julia"]

I think it would be fun to hear if anyone has weird places where your sugar goes low every time for no reason. for example  everytime I go grocery shopping I go low,it never fails I could be have a reading of 130 when I leave my house and by the time I am halfway through the grocery aisles I am 60 or less. kinda funny anyone else have weird things like this happen to them

[/quote]

mines sitting watching tv and just doing that...the same stores in the mall.......target.....while eatin ben and jerrys before i bolus...never seems to fail no matter how high i was previousley......umm and aftr dates, when i come inside my mom usually has a juice box and chewy bar on the table waiting....how ironic

Mine, is always without fail in very public places.... ususally at the front of lines... such as in the airport when going through relations... or like in stores... always different ones tho. :)  and i always go low when i sit in the car for more than 2 hours... werid cuz you would think sitting would make me go higher.. but no.. my body has a mind of its own. :)

I got one for you. I was in 7th grade at a new school. I remember being in english class but then the next thing I knew I was in the hospital. I don't remember ever going to my math class, having a seizure, hitting my head or being taken out of school in front of the 8th graders having lunch. It was the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me as far as my diabetes is concerned. When I returned to school everyone said ,"OMG you scared the crap out of me". Plus one of my friends filled a whole shoe box with candy to keep in my locker for future reference. Also in the ambulance on the way to the hospital I ripped an IV out of my arm 4 times, I had huge bruises to prove it, again I was clueless what I had done. I saw the teacher a year or so ago in public and that's how he knew who I was, the girl who had a diabetic seizure in his class. That's a heck of a way to be remembered, huh. I guess it's a unique story that is hard to forget.

The usual low places for me are the mall because I hate to shop !

For some odd reason at my boyfriends dad's house also, lol. : )

a couple times ive been throwing a little ball and trying to catch it do cool things with it and it brings my blood sugar goes down.

also, a couple tims ive been reading or at the computer or sitting for a long period of time and go low

i go low in (conveinently enough) math class! Also, the standard mall lows and ALOT when I speed skate. And badminton. Blah. Oh and it sucks to go low in church 'cause everyone is staring at you while you go get some juice.

i go low when I go to the mall or play video games, so I already know I have to adjust a temporary basal on my pump :)