Funny story

Anyone have any funny stories about how they have gotten disconnected from a pump? 

Well just yesterday i dropped my pump, i was in class sitting in a desk, and i clipped it back on and then i had to get up to get something and little did i know it had like wrapped around the chair leg, and as soon as i got up it yanked off!! i have read so many of the horror stories from it yanking out i was expecting a little more pain, but it fortunately wasn't that bad!

LOL!  How about your pride - was it ok too?  LOL

I have one, but it isn't really funny, its was just really frustrating. I'm in college and I was walking into the classroom to take my final exam. I was already running late and it was at 8am and I am NOT a morning person, so I was already in a bad mood. As I was walking behind some people in their chairs to get to an empty one my tubing was hanging out a little and got snagged on something and got ripped out. So I'm about to take a big important test and my site gets ripped out...I was furious! I just walked over to my desk slammed my book bag down and said a loud curse word...so everyone turned around and stared at me! hahah. my teacher came over and asked what was wrong, and since she already knew I have diabetes and a pump, she understood. She made me go change my site before I was able to take the test, even though I told her I would rather just take the test first. siigh..it always happens at the worst time doesn't it?!

[quote user="Vered"]

I have one, but it isn't really funny, its was just really frustrating. I'm in college and I was walking into the classroom to take my final exam. I was already running late and it was at 8am and I am NOT a morning person, so I was already in a bad mood. As I was walking behind some people in their chairs to get to an empty one my tubing was hanging out a little and got snagged on something and got ripped out. So I'm about to take a big important test and my site gets ripped out...I was furious! I just walked over to my desk slammed my book bag down and said a loud curse word...so everyone turned around and stared at me! hahah. my teacher came over and asked what was wrong, and since she already knew I have diabetes and a pump, she understood. She made me go change my site before I was able to take the test, even though I told her I would rather just take the test first. siigh..it always happens at the worst time doesn't it?!

[/quote]

I remember that story...lol

Mine involves checking my blood sugar.  I usually use my ring finger and middle fingers for checking because I don't consider them as important or weak as some of the others.  Occasionally, I will check on my left pinky but I will never again check on my right pinky.  I couldn't get any blood from my other fingers this one time I went to check and in frustration I squeezed hard on my right pinky for blood and it sprayed in my face.  It was like someone spit in my face, there was blood all over my face and glasses.

[quote user="Greg Borkman"]

I usually use my ring finger and middle fingers for checking because I don't consider them as important or weak as some of the others.

[/quote]

My mental image of a robber breaking into your house ... "Please, take the ring finger! My pinky is too important!"

LOL. That is to much. My last site died on me two days into the mix. I had gone to the gym earlier in the day and noted that my pump site was a little lose due to sweat. But I figured, whatever it will be fine, normally even going slightly loose the site will last another day. Well, post shower I just changed into shorts and a t-shirt. I napped ( I am so going to miss my naps, post grad school). I woke up at about 5:23 and had to be in the chapel by 5:30 for prayer. I started to change, grabbed my pants to put on and took off my shorts. Note I not once said took my pump out of my shorts pocket. Pulled on my pants, stood up, and ripped my site clear outta my arm. Mind you now it is about 5:27. I curse at myself. Roll up my sleeve look at my now beat red arm, grab another infusion set, stick it in my arm. Attach my infusion set to my site, grab my Breviary. Run out the door, and do a prime as I run into the chapel, with about 1 minute remaining. Stupid nap making me sleepy and foggy headed.