Gift Help!

My fiance and i are both t1 diabetics and her diabetic anniversary will be coming up in two weeks, and i was thinking of getting her a diamond bracelet or necklace from tiffanys, after all i owe it to this disease for the reason that we are together, we met at an endo's office...

i was just thinking about it last night, and was wondering if it wasn't a thing we should celebrate? i mean we were together last year on mine and hers and we went out to nice dinners but no gfts..

any suggestions? would the gift not symbolize the right meaning? we have both been super stressed with wedding planning etc, and i would hate to add a little dispute as such!

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

-Hudson

It doesn't need to be a super serious gift does it? Have some fun with it. Your D anniversary shouldn't be something to loathe or bring about sad memories. Candy glucagon? You could do angel food cake in one of those cake rings and use blue (sugar free) cool whip stuff to have like the diabetes blue circle thingy ding.

I don't know though, that's a tough thing to gift for. Maybe just take her out for dinner or something fun.

I don't know about her but I don't think I would argue about anything from tiffany's...lol  My first thought honestly was how romantic - specially when you say you are celebrating because it is the reason you are together.   I suspect we will find a way to mark our one year of having d in this home as well  - to appreciate all the help from nurses at school, diabetic team etc, as well as my son's accomplishment of taking care of himself and learning so much! 

Good luck with the wedding plans -- enjoy what you can!

Not to make light of the thread, but this is the second time in two weeks that I have heard of T1D couples meeting at their endo's offices.

I should start dressing better for my appointments! 

As for the gift-giving:  It doesn't strike me as too serious of a gift.  I mean, you're already engaged.  I think getting a bracelet from someone I've dated for two weeks might be cause for concern, but your gesture seems genuine and thoughtful.

[quote user="Sarah"]

I think getting a bracelet from someone I've dated for two weeks might be cause for concern, but your gesture seems genuine and thoughtful.

[/quote]

This made me laugh, because that's exactly what my boyfriend at the time did (but it was a necklace - and it was Valentine's Day).  And now he's my husband!  :)

Haha, you know what ?  I am (admittedtly) a total commitment-phobe, so I probably have no business commenting on this thread to be honest with you.

Retraction, plz.

Your 'I should start dressing better for my appointments' comment cracked me up, though! 

But back to topic - I think the bracelet idea is cute.  You know her best, so if you think it's something she would like, do it.

make a donation in her name

give her a T1 free day where you do all the blood checks for her, injections and give her a massage where she usually gets her injections (arms, legs, BUTT...)

;-)

[quote user="AJM"]

make a donation in her name

give her a T1 free day where you do all the blood checks for her, injections and give her a massage where she usually gets her injections (arms, legs, BUTT...)

;-)

[/quote]

"Come here, baby. I have an injection for ya..."

Yeah, I went there!

I think if she doesn't have something nice and/or cute to carry her diabetes stuff around in then I would recommend that new website Gina mentioned a few days ago..they have really cute purses/supply cases! http://www.myabetic.com/products.php if you think she might be interested in one of those..since after all if it for her d-anniversary! 

good man Pat!

Hudson,

If I were your fiance I would love a diamond bracelet from tiffany's that being said she can also wear it on the day you guys get married too! double score. Maybe you can give it to her in a testing case like when she goes to check her blood sugar there is something sparkley in there. That would make my day for sure LOL

I think its very thoughtful. Instead of maybe giving it as a T1 anniversary, which we all know what you mean....maybe make it an "Im glad your healthy and alive" present....a celebrating of her life and beauty.  I think its wonderful. Not expected and very romantic!

[quote user="Gina"]

Hudson,

If I were your fiance I would love a diamond bracelet from tiffany's that being said she can also wear it on the day you guys get married too! double score. Maybe you can give it to her in a testing case like when she goes to check her blood sugar there is something sparkley in there. That would make my day for sure LOL

[/quote]

Gina, that's expensive!

Pat,

Hudson is the one said he's shopping for a diamond bracelet at tiff's not me lol

Oh! Still expensive!

i think you should totally go for it! & use Gina's idea of putting it in her testing kit, and then use the other person's idea of a diabetic free day! :)