Grand Teton National Park Climb

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to brag a little bit on here.  I just climbed to the summit of the Grand Teton Mountain in WY.  Keeping my blood sugar in the right range was super difficult, and there's not way I could have done it without my Medtronic Revel CGM.  I'm very happy with it, I feel like I can do anything while taking greater risks, and that I can live the life I want to now that I'm constantly hooked up to a continuous glucose monitor.

I'll try to post some pictures here if I can get it to work.

Well.  For some reason the picture uploader isn't working for me right now.  I'll try to post some tomorrow.

In the meantime... THIS is the mountain that I CLIMBED.  http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/wyoming/grand-teton-national-park  WOO!  So much fun.  I think I'm hooked on rock climbing forever now.

That's amazing!  Congrats!

That's awesome! 

Isn't it easy to get addicted to rock climbing? I wish I could do it everyday...

Sounds Wonderful Mad Evans-would Love to see the pictures and read about the climb if you ever blog on it-Beautiful Mountain :)

blame it on the tetons! (a song by modest mouse)

[quote user="C"]

blame it on the tetons! (a song by modest mouse)

[/quote]

HAHAHAHA.  All my friends posted this to my facebook photos.  Modest Mouse is my favorite band, so obviously tons of my friends are into them so that's all they could think of commenting.  HAHA

I'm blaming my sore body on the tetons.

haha too funny. that's the first thing i thought of and i didn't even know you were a modest mouse fan. you have good taste in music.

Congrats, especially since diabetes + exercise often = difficulties!  Climbing is so fun! 

That is amazing! I live in Wyoming and for sure it is a feat to climb the Grand Teton. Am also considering a CGM and am always happy to hear good reports about people who are using one.

I did that climb this summer and my blood sugars sucked. they'd be low, then too high, then low again. So you rock. 

i'm jealous. 

[quote user="Rebecca Perl"]

I did that climb this summer and my blood sugars sucked. they'd be low, then too high, then low again. So you rock. 

i'm jealous. 

[/quote]

Don't get me wrong... keeping then in the right level was SO HARD.  I would get soooooo weak, think that my body was just giving out on me, then I'd test in the 60's and think... "Why the hell didn't I consider the possibility that I was low?"

Here is a facebook link to the pictures... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=257349&id=584408941&l=6a376c5715