Has anyone tried wearable insulin?

Maybe V-Go or some other type of wearable insulin? Zealand Pharma? Any info would be helpful.

Hello @Riabetesmom welcome to Type One Nation. I am wondering if you are looking for experience using this kind of technology or information about how they work.

My basal needs vary too much throughout the day/night so a constant delivery device is not ideal for me. Since I already pump insulin, the v-go patch doesn’t offer much. I wasn’t able to learn much from zealand other than their focus is glucagon, a hormone that raises blood sugar. There are AP projects that investigate using glucagon to actively raise blood sugar when a monitoring device such as a CGM senses an urgent low.

Cheers, hope you are well.

I have not tried wearable insulin, but here is another “wearable” for consideration. For me, “wearables” cannot be maintained to deliver the micro doses my body now needs.
I’ve been asked to review this insulin dosing and provide feed back to the manufacturer - based only on information provided to me.

Luna Diabetes is a new company developing a nighttime-only, automated insulin delivery (AID) system for people on multiple daily injections of insulin. The Luna Diabetes system features an insulin patch and an algorithm that communicates with your CGM to automatically deliver rapid-acting (bolus) insulin when needed to prevent hyperglycemia (high blood glucose). Key features of the system include:

• A small insulin patch that is worn on your body. The patch includes a reusable component that contains the algorithm and interfaces with a smartphone app and a mini disposable insulin reservoir that is filled with the user’s existing rapid-acting insulin pen. The reusable component is charged daily, and the insulin reservoir is thrown away after each use.
  • The system is meant to work with a user’s existing basal (long-acting) insulin regimen. Users continue their normal insulin regimen during the day or when not wearing the patch.
  • Users choose when to use the system; it can be worn every night or only on nights when users believe it is necessary, such as after eating carbohydrate-heavy meal.