Honeymoon

Hi. I have just found this forum, i was looking for peoples experiences with honeymoon phase, how long it lasted etc. My 7 year old son was diagnosed 5 weeks ago, and after a scary few weeks, with some frightning lows, he has now hit his honeymoon and is only requiring Lantus 5u at night. this seems to be keeping him pretty steady throughout the day with his pre-meal and 2 hour post meal Blood Glucose within normal range. We are hoping this lasts a while.
Thanks for all replys.

I was diagnosed when I was 7 and I started the Honeymoon faze about 1 to 1 1/2 months later it lasted about one or 2 years It’s different for everyone I don’t think it is the same for boys and girls, but I don’t know !! :slight_smile:

My 7 year old son was diagnosed sept.11, 2012(just after his 6th birthday). About a week later the honeymoon began. First taking away Lantus then shortly after humalog. He has been entirely off insulin since October 5, 2012. We think this extended honeymoon may have something to do with being caught so early. I believe his now healthier eating habits have helped as well.