HPV and Type 1 Diabetes

Hi all,

I am 25 years old and my PAP smear came back positive for HPV six months ago. Following that, my gynecologist did a colposcopy. I just had a repeat PAP test done. I had been vaccinated against HPV as a young teen.

I was wondering if anyone on here has had HPV, and if their body had trouble clearing the virus? Has anyone’s doctor provided any specific advice on the topic? My A1C has been between 6.6 and 7.1 for the past year.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi Jillian @JB530! There are hundreds of HPV viruses out there. The vaccine protects against 3 or 4. It can take a year for your body to clear the virus depending on how effective your immune system is. Hope this helps!

As I understand. HPV is very common and there are many strains … the vaccine only protects against two I think and if it’s effective.

I had HPV years ago, and hadn’t been vaccinated because vaccines weren’t available when I was a kid. I had trouble clearing the virus two separate times, but it’s been over over 15 years since I’ve had any issues. There are so many strains of HPV that it would be almost impossible to create a truly effective vaccine. Try not to worry about it too much. :blue_heart:

Thank you all for the information. It is very helpful and especially good to hear from those of you who had it and have cleared it. I appreciate it (: