Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HOT)

Hi everybody. I have an interest in hyperbaric oxygen therapy and thought this community would be a good place to field my questions.

I’ll start off with just two.

The first question has to do with conditions other than diabetes when it comes to hyperbaric oxygen treatment (HOT). For those of you who have had HOT for diabetes, or any other reason, did you notice the treatment possibly helped with a separate health condition you were experiencing? An example would be something like… you had HOT for a toe wound but found your arthritis had significant improvement.

The second question has to do with HOT and how it might help someone with Diabetes Type 1. To answer this one properly it may take someone who has a good scientific understanding of how diabetes works, but I’d appreciate hearing anyone’s opinion on this. Say a young person were to have Type 1 and were fortunate enough to be able to have a personal hyperbaric oxygen chamber, and could use it whenever they wanted. How would having a therapeutic device like this and being able to use it at will effect the course of their diabetes over their lifetime?.

Thank you so much.

Anyone have any ideas or opinions?

Hi @PavanSingh . You haven’t gotten any responses yet ask I thought I would chime in. You are hoping for some knowledgeable answers based on experience but I’m just sharing some thoughts, so sorry to disappoint you on the former.
From what I understand hyperbaric therapy can be very valuable for wound treatment, and is necessary to treat divers who fail to decompress as they return to the surface. In these situations and others it’s a very valuable tool: but it’s not without its dangers (some of which may be temporary), which include seizures, changes in or loss of vision, lung damage, and - guess what - low blood sugar. I’ve attached a link with a more extensive list, but you may be familiar with them already.
Science is not my string suit but intuitively it sounds like the therapy could be good for circulation; but I’m a cautious person by nature, and for me the risks are too high unless I need the therapy for wound healing (or if I were a diver, which I’m not). That said, each person does their own risk/benefits assessment and yours may be very different from mind. In that assessment keep in mind the trust you need to have in the person who will be operating the chamber while you’re inside.