I need a book!

Any suggestions on reading material for pregnancy and type 1 Diabetes? Anything from getting pregnant to after the birth.

This is the book that everyone seems to like now. It wasn't out yet when I was pregnant so I haven't read it:

Balancing Pregnancy With Pre-Existing Diabetes, by Cheryl Alkon

There's also:

When You’re a Parent With Diabetes: A Real Life Guide to Staying Healthy While Raising a Family

• Kathryn Gregorio Palmer (This is an older one, written by my former camp counselor, includes post pregnancy concerns)

P.S. If all these weird fonts show up in my post, sorry, I was cutting and pasting.

The first book listed is great.  A lot of 'first hand' information from pregnant women with DM.  I'm about 3/4 done with.  And it's available for you e-reader if you have one - I've got it on my Kindle.

Roxanne 

I agree, the book by Cheryl Alkon is the best I've found. I've read it front to back and plan on reading it again because there is so much information in it. It's very down to earth and easy to read and understand. When I first started looking for books I found it very hard to find any that werent outdated, other than this one which is only a couple years old.

I just found another that was published in 2010 by the Joslin Diabetes Center, called "Staying Healthy with Diabetes, Planning and Managing your Pregnancy." Im a bit hesitant to buy it though because I cant find any reviews on it since it is so new.

Hi--I just found this thread and thank everyone for the book praise! I appreciate it.

Just so you know, I wrote the book in 2009 and it came out in April 2010, so it's (hopefully!) not outdated yet.

And if anyone reading this is interested, I sell the books directly via Paypal (and autographs are free!). Email me at Lyrehca@gmail.com for more details, or check out my site at cherylalkon.com/book.php.

Good luck with your pregnancies, everyone!

--Cheryl