I Wouldn't Be Who I Am Today Without Diabetes!

~I Wouldn't Be Who I Am Today Without Diabetes~

Before Diabetes entered my life i was the average 10 year old girl who loved to play Barbi's and dolls and found dirt and mud to be absoulutly disgusting! I lived a normal life, eating what i want, when i want and being totally carefree about my health. I didn't know what Diabetes was yet alone barely what a disease was. I never once imagined or thought about pricking my finger and poking myself with a needle each time i ate until the day i took a visit to the doctors office to find out i was a Type 1 Juvenile Diabetic. I was scared at my unknowing about Diabetes and disease and just hearing those "4" words scared me most. A thousand questions raced out of my mouth like horses on the way to the hospital and barely any of the questions got answered. From The very moment i entered the Emergancy Room till' about 7 days later i learned what i would live with for the rest of my life. From the very moment i fisrt understood what diabetes was i realized God gave me this disease because it completes me and he knew i could handle it and i would learn a great deal from it. As the years went on i learned and gained a lot of knowledge from my disease. I became so well educated that i could now teach a class of a thousand about Diabetes and the do's and dont's. I am now 15 and i'm me! Yes, i'm the normal 15 year old girl who loves hanging with friends and staying up all night talking about boys with my bestfriends but i also have a great wealth of knowledge on Diabetes and helath that most 15 year old girls do not have. I have battled little wars everyday with Diabetes and not every girl my age can say that. To people i am no longer just Amber, i'm Amber the girl with Diabetes. Diabetes is my finishing charateristic without Diabetes i was a less educated girl based on diabetes and i wasn't my full self yet!

Amber, That is how I feel,But like u I was 3 1/2 years old when i was Dx with diabetes. Now that I am 14 years old, I think that i could not do this without my friend and family and the most of all God,I kown that God gave me diabetes because he kown that i could handle diabtes and That i would also help little kids that have diabetes too. That is why I belive that I maybe 14 years old but i am not a normal 14 year old I am an 14 year old that has diabetes and I can help people with diabetes get thought this and help found a cure.

Yeppp me tooo! Thanks for commenting and agreeing! If you ever want to tlk just message me!

You are wlcome Amber and Maybe i just will send u an e-mail

Amber and Jaimie,

You ladies are an encoragement to me.  May God bless you as you continue to face the challenges of life, and a life with diabetes.

~j

Thanks God will bless all us and May god bless u as well since030993

He has!  He Has!!!

Yes he has

Thanks you tooooo! and jaimie i was really hoping you would and when i signed in today and seen u did i was happy

Hey Amber! I totally agree! 

Diabetes is apart of me. I would not be able to say "hi I am Kelsey" unless diabetes was there. I would not have everything I do have without it. I would be different. SO many people say that when they get dxed that is wnt change em but they're wrong. It changes so much in life... I wouldn't no because I have had it for 12 of my 13 years but from what I have read on here, it seems true!

Yesss it is verrry true! and if you ever need to tlk im always willing to listen and if you ever need advice im here!@

[quote user="Amber Buller"]

Yesss it is verrry true! and if you ever need to tlk im always willing to listen and if you ever need advice im here!@

[/quote]

Thanks! That means a lot!!!