If you could change one thing about your pump

What would it be?

Minimed please make my pump waterproof :(

Have you dropped yours in the toilette yet?

I'd like a bit better interface....and to make it smaller but still have a nice sized reservoir.

Don't get me started on the sensor.  The last two I've put in have both came up as "BAD SENSOR"  agg.  I love it when it works, but when it doesn't..

im with you, smaller but same size reservoir too.

shut itself off if you drop too low.--then alarm---this is something that concerns me.---still on shots for now.----So what happens if you are sick and are alone at the time and your sugar drops really low--will the pump keep giving insulin ? I need to learn more about  pumps I know.

I've got the Minimed paradigm, and would love to be able to give a bolus dose via some sort of a smaller, wireless remote control.

I hate taking my pump out of my pocket... especially when it's inconvenient like when i'm driving and i have a few chips... then i have to take my seatbelt off and do a gymnastics maneuver just to get the pump out of my jeans.

I know the Ping does this... but I'm not sure about the Ping's ability to do CGMS (which is my favorite feature of the Paradigm)

[quote user="meme"]

shut itself off if you drop too low.--then alarm---this is something that concerns me.---still on shots for now.----So what happens if you are sick and are alone at the time and your sugar drops really low--will the pump keep giving insulin ? I need to learn more about  pumps I know.

[/quote]

There is a way to stop delivery completely for an indefinite time period, or you can also set what's called a 'temporary basal', which decreases or increases your basal rate for a set amount of time.

|†~*Sarah*~†|

Thanks Sarah,now I feel mush better !!

i would have have it be waterproof!! then i could have a water fight with my friends whenever i wanted!!!

wow theres so many one waterproof or a built in mp3 player.

My dream pump is a small tubeless device. The remote should look more like today's electronics, bright screen, small, light weight, nice buttons etc. With of course an integrated accurate CGM.... Basically a combination of the Omnipod, Ping and MM but more cool looking :-)

I definitely agree with the waterproof thing, and a built in mp3 player would be awesome! I never even though of that.

I have the MM paradigm and I would love for it to have to have different basal "profiles" for each day... or at least an option to turn this on.

I'm a college student and everyday is a different class schedule, which means i'm more or less active at different times. My basal doesn't always work for each day, however, for now its just an average of the days and I adjust with a bolus or temp. basal as needed.

My 2nd change would be waterproof.

[quote user="Melissa"]

I have the MM paradigm and I would love for it to have to have different basal "profiles" for each day... or at least an option to turn this on.

I'm a college student and everyday is a different class schedule, which means i'm more or less active at different times. My basal doesn't always work for each day, however, for now its just an average of the days and I adjust with a bolus or temp. basal as needed.

My 2nd change would be waterproof.

[/quote]

oh yeah for sure...there are days when i am super active and wake up really early for a call time and its difficult to keep my blood sugar up.  I wish MM sent out surveys so they could improve the pump.

[quote user="Rosemary"]

I definitely agree with the waterproof thing, and a built in mp3 player would be awesome! I never even though of that.

[/quote]

hey i know rite.

i love smile's post. i'm all about that.

basically, if i'm going to have to be hooked to technology, might as well make it a little bit of everything. why stop at an mp3 player? let's make it a cell phone and a pda too. let's just go with an iphone/pump/cgms all in one. while of course still being small, indiscreet, sleek, and stylish.

give me that and i'll be happy (or a cure... whichever...) :o)

can my one thing be a button that implants it and turns it into a working pancreas?

cuz if not, i'd take mac support, integrated cgm, and the color green. olive green.

vibrating alter and sound. Cell phones do it. 

Technically the MM pump is waterproof. They changed it to splash resistant though because there is a fear that if the casing cracks it will not be waterproof anymore. I would like a better option to control my pump. The Ping is nice but you still have a bulky meter. Not much of a difference to me between pulling it out of my pants (:-O wow...) and using the meter remote. Integration with other devices would be nice. Imagine having an app for the ipod touch or iphone to control stuff.

I would like it to be integrated with my cgm, which should be happening soon. Better noises would be nice as well. The auto shutoff feature when sugar is low is rumored to be appearing on the next Minimed pump. I heard it was in the process of seeking approval.

[quote user="meme"]shut itself off if you drop too low.--then alarm[/quote]

Awesome news from across the pond in the UK. They have the new Paradigm VEO. It has this feature! With the sensor under skin it WILL shut off if you go too low! I can't wait till we see it here!

Check it out and start asking for it here.  It looks promising. http://www.medtronic.co.uk/your-health/diabetes/device/insulin-pumps/paradigm-veo-pump/index.htm

How great is that !! Thanks Stilledlife !!