I was speaking with a fellow type 1, recently. She and I were talking about things that impact our BGs in strange ways.
Here are some things that tend to drop my BG levels:
- When I get nervous (I don't usually get nervous. When I do, it's because I feel unprepared for something)
- Drinking beer
- Golfing (I know it's not THAT strange, but it's not like I'm doing aerobic exercise)
- Laughing/Being in a great mood for extended periods of time (this one is very strange to me. I think I understand it, but it's still strange)
- Sadness/Crying (not to be confused with depression)
These are the things, that I've noticed, that may make my BGs higher:
- Being sick (most of us know this one, but it's strange when it happens)
- Flying (I'm not afraid of flying, and I don't have any anxiousness towards flying, but I have noticed my BGs go up after landing...weird)
- Working at my desk for extended periods of time (I'm sure this is due to inactivity. I still find it strange)
So, what are some things that effect you with ups & downs?