Insulin for $35?

That is next level messed up. Sorry to hear you have to deal with that. I’d like to read Evidence of Coverage for your pharmacy benefits if it is publicly available and if you are willing to provide a link so I can learn what to watch out for in the future.

@spdif, It’s part of Blue Shield of California insurance (PPO plan). Not sure if it’s listed on their public website.

@spdif, You can enroll in BSCA Lantus (LAN) savings program. They will provide you with a secondary insurance ID to give to your pharmacist and receive discounts on Lantus refills. I was getting them for $10 a prescription.

Thanks, that was enough info to check the BSCA PPO plans on Covered California and while none that had a copay allowed retail pharmacies to charge more than the copay I see where they have paved the way for the shenanigans in your plan.

The cynical side of me says Llly, Novo and Sanofi are only offering discounts to reduce the possibility of regulatory pressure on their pricing. Offering discounts to the relatively few un- and under-insured allows them to keep raking in the profits from insurance companies which turn around and charge everyone higher premiums. Healthcare in America is broken.

@spdif, I agree with your most recent comment that healthcare here is messed up. However as I understand the terms of this policy she is really just paying $30 for each month’s supply.
Scripts on my current plan must be filled monthly at my local pharmacy; but when I used mail order I got a 90 day supply of all my meds and using the example above would have paid $90 for 90 days, or $60 for 60. How is that unfair? What am I missing?