Insulin resistance or sensitivity?

Reversed,

What drugs (beside insulin) are you talking about? You said "I was still taking drugs and doing my insulin shots." Then later you state, "so after a while you just tell yourself, 'nothing works and I will stick with drugs and shots'." I have never heard of Type 1 Diabetic being prescribed drugs. I have heard of Type 2s taking such drugs. So what drugs were you taking? I am not trying to be difficult. I am just trying to create some foundation for an informed, intelligent discussion.

Hi Elie. I didn't say I was taking drugs for only Type 1, though many Type 1 Diabetics do take drugs for other health problems that are indirectly related to their pancreas. I was already taking several drugs over years and including after I was diagnosed. Aside from getting off my meds, I am off insulin, which is the main reason why I joined Juvenation in the first place, because this the biggest accomplishment in my life ever since I was diagnosed. It seems soo hard for people to believe and some diabetics ask me questions like I am doctor of some sort, which I most certainly am not, I am just one person who no longer has to take insulin and that's the only reason why I am here sharing my experience. All I did was go to NoMoreVitamins.com (you can send them an email and ask anything you want, just like I did.) It's just food, so it certainly isn't rocket science, yet this is the answer everyone wants to hear. It is so simple, so missed by nearly every diabetic out there who has given up on trying something new and is actually just food, very powerful food that is.

Reversed,

I respect your eagerness to help people. But you have to understand that people are rational creatures. More often than not, people need evidence to believe something. The greater the claim, the greater the evidence needed to support it. So, while you are certainly right that many Type 1 diabetics do not wish to listen to your proposition because they have found it easier to believe that there is no cure, you must also remember that no one is going to listen seriously to someone who makes a seemingly preposterous claim with no evidence to back it up. It is simply unrealistic to believe that you can persuade anyone with your personal experience when (1) the entire medical establishment disagrees with you and (2) you are a stranger to the people with whom you're conversing. For god's sake, I'm skeptical when it comes to my own experiences. So, if you really want to present a strong case and help people see things your way, try creating an actual argument, some kind of theory that explains how this certain diet could possibly create the change you say it does.

If you would read the article link I first showed you, you would have your proof, but so far you don't believe me and don't want me to show you anything either, because you won't click on the article...that seems irrational to me. So, what else do you expect me to do, upload my experience to your mind? Here is the link of the article again just in case you have become even the slightest more reasonable and LET me prove it to you. Though in my opinion, truth doesn't need much proof. Read the article and let me know what you think. If you are afraid of a link, then go to yahoo and type in "theHealthFoodGuru.com" and on the home page click on the first article. Or just click below.

www.thehealthfoodguru.com/the_real_cause_of_your_illness

First off, I had asked you to iterate the science behind the approach. I'm not sure how that is irrational. You're posting this claim all over this site. Is it that unreasonable that I should expect that you'd have at least some understanding of the evidence.

Speaking of evidence, I just visited the site. There is nothing there talking specifically about Type 1, though there are some sample articles dealing with other specific epidemics such as obesity. The only claims presented there that could even remotely apply to Type 1 were those made on the homepage concerning the origin of disease, namely the claim that all disease is the result of malnutrition. There is nothing scientific about the article. The statements cannot be considered evidence. They amount to nothing more than conspiracy theory.

Now, I am not saying that you are wrong and that you did not get rid of your diabetes. I am only saying that the material on that website is not evidence and could not possibly persuade any reasonable person. It is very telling that you should say "truth doesn't need much proof." Unfortunately, for most people truth DOES need proof.

If there were no negative consequences of my cessation of insulin injection, then of course I would try out this diet. But the reality is, I will go into DKA. So yeah, I need some reason to believe that such a diet would get rid of this disease before putting my life in jeopardy. If you think that is too much to ask, then we are in two completely different worlds.

I have visited the site, as well. There is only opinions and people stating their cases. there is no proof and no scientific facts to back up your claim. The FDA and the AMA have not verified any of these claims. I went on to research this product more and could only find sites that sell it. Maybe this product does work for some and maybe there are only a select few that this has helped, but most of us have had type 1 for a lot more than 7 or 8 years and have been told about this or that being the next cure. We are a patient group of individuals and need solid proof that this product does what a few say it does. I am not saying it's not possible, but I need proof.

It is obvious the only proof you will accept is what you feel yourself, so you should try it yourself, though I doubt you have the courage to do it, since there is never enough proof for the extremely skeptical. It doesn't hurt me if you don't want to eat healthy food that can actually heal your pancreas, it does of course, hurt you! You probably would ask for proof if I said 1+1=2. Clearly you did not understand what you were reading. And if you think you can depend on the FDA or the AMA healing you, you not only have a sick pancreas, but a very sick mind, too. This is not a drug, not some herbal mix or some special pancreas juice, this is healing food, get it? It's food! What on earth is there to be skeptical about...gees. If I said take this drug, I would understand, but to have as much skepticism about eating healthy food as you would trying a new drug, is completely ludicrous. I am looking for that one person who can recognize truth when he or she sees it...I guess you are not that one, yet. There must be someone here that can see the truth as clearly as me. I will keep trying, because all I want is to save another life, just like mine was saved. I have the right to express myself any way I see fit and to approach anyone I want to help, just as you do. In other words, if you don't like what I or anyone has to say, move on to someone else and leave me be. I went from Type 1 to Type 2 on the 3rd month of taking Super YASAi and I don't care if you don't believe me. All I care about is helping someone else.

You keep using the word 'skepticism.' It's not skepticism if there is no proof. Skepticism, by definition, requires some form of evidence. So, it doesn't make sense to refer to Keith or me as skeptics. Further, I would not ask for proof that 1 + 1 = 2, seeing as it can be known a priori, opposed to a posteriori. Lastly, the only reason I pursued talking to you in the first place is because I am open-minded and wanted to hear what you had to say. To tell me to move on and leave you be is strange. You made a claim about something having a direct impact on my life, so naturally I was intrigued and messaged you. Hopefully, all this sinks in for you at some point. I wish you the best.

Putting your life in jeopardy eating food? That's all Super YASAi is, just food. Well, I guess you should stop eating then, because oh no, that tomato and that broccoli is dangerous, oh no! You are the funniest one here so far. This isn't a diet, in fact I didn't change a single thing what I was already eating and drinking throughout the day, and I never stopped my insulin while eating Super YASAi, either. I got off my insulin only when my doctor diagnosed me with Type 2. What are you afraid of, eating food? That's all it is! Of course it's extremely healthy food. You decide for yourself, I don't have the energy to convince you why food is safer than that drug-like insulin you take daily; I thought it was a no brainer. And you hit on the exact reason why you still have diabetes, because you do what most people do and believe what most people believe and guess what, most people are sick! How's that logic for ye. Need proof? Look at stats, it's obvious. I just want to help someone, but if you don't want help, then leave me be, so I can help someone else, just like I have been helped.

Reversed,

I have a couple questions for you.

Were you still on insulin while you were taking Super YASAi? The reason I ask this is because it would be dangerous for a type 1 diabetic to stop taking insulin without any scientific evidence to back it up, because of the risk of going into DKA. And the disclaimer** on theHealthFoodGuru.com, leads me to believe that everything on the website is opinion and absolutely nothing is based on fact. However, if a type 1 diabetic continued to take insulin while his/her pancreas was being "healed", the he/she would suffer from dangerous, and possibly fatal, low blood glucose levels. THAT is why "eating food" could put one's life in jeopardy. If you understood anything about type 1 diabetes, you would know that.

**Disclaimer from theHealthFoodGuru.com:

"Disclaimer: None of the statements in this web site have been evaluated by the FDA. Furthermore, none of the statements in this website should be construed as dispensing medical advise. You should consult a licensed health care professional before taking any supplement or following any advice from this website, especially if you are pregnant or have any pre-existing injuries or medical conditions.  All content posted on this website is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. theHealthFoodGuru.com assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this website indicates your agreement to these terms."

Also, how did Super YASAi not heal your type 2 diabetes? Based on your logic, it should have fixed that.

Sincerely,

Mal

PS- The original question about insulin resistance and sensitivity was not sent directly to you. Learn how to use this website correctly.

I have been liviing with Type 1 diabetes for 37 years.  I have read and reviewed the multiple postings on this thread about reversing Type 1 to Type 2 diabetes as a consequence of taking a natural food product.  I clearly understand the suspicions that people have about this assertion, particularly by those of us who have seen so many false assertions, claims, and theories throughout the years about "healing" this disease without actual medical intervention.

If "Reversed" is correct, that eating healthy foods is the answer, then let us all resolve to do so if we're not already doing so.  Let's eat healthy and organic vegetables that are available from our local grocery stores and farmers' markets...no need to buy a "magic potion" in a bottle from the websites cited by "Reversed" in virtually all of his posts.  By the way, promotion of commercial products on Juvenation is a violation of the terms, conditions, and rights of use that we all agreed to when we signed on to use Juvenation.  "Reversed", I would encourage you to refrain from the promotion of commercial products on Juvenation.  This is site abuse that will and shall be reported accordingly.

For all of those who wonder if such a claim is viable, I offer this:  Anyone who has had Type 1 diabetes for 7-8 years as alleged, should be visiting their endocrinologist every 3 months.  If someone with Type 1 diabetes is taking "other drugs" as claimed, it would be interesting to find out what those drugs are.  By the way, insulin IS NOT a drug.  Insulin is a hormone naturally produced by one's pancreas.  In the case of Type 1 diabetes, the cells that produce this natural hormone are destroyed, and thus it becomes necessary to take insulin.  Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease.  It is not preventable.  It is not the result of foods eaten by individuals.  If it is, then how can we explain the onset of Type 1 diabetes by infants at age 6 months?

Secondly, the only way that a qualified endocrinologist could conclude that one's disease moved from Type 1 to Type 2 is if a series of rather costly tests are conducted to show increases in C-Peptide levels before and after the "change" occurred.  To convince me, "Reversed" would have to demonstrate those measured and quantified changes in their C-Peptide levels.  And those changes would have to be sustained, not simply transient or temporary.

Furthermore, the fundamental question:  To what extent, if any, did the intake of insulin by "Reversed" change as a result of this?

The list of questions and inquiries as to the validity of this claim could go on and on and on.  But, I will not waste your nor my time any more.

"Reversed", I wish you well; however, I strongly urge you to refrain from using this site, a service to all of us living with this disease, as a forum for peddling products.  

On the contrary...Juvenation is intended to be a forum for espousing the truth.

Every answer to your questions I answered in above comments. Obviously since my Type 1 was healed, so will my Type 2, as I already said, that's why I look forward to being diagnosed with no diabetes at all, though I recall my doctor reluctantly stating I no longer have Type 1, so who knows, maybe he will say I no longer diabetes, but he won't give me a clean bill of health...I have heard of doctors doing this to keep you coming back.

You have a very strange way of being open-minded Elie. If that article isn't science, then why don't YOU prove that article isn't science. I gave you an option how to help heal your pancreas with food, the way I did, but you have not tried it, even though it is just food....sounds very closed-minded to me, which is what a skeptic would be.

Hey there Carl. Your reason for being skeptical are very much appreciated. I have heard many excuses why even though I no longer have Type 1, I still must have it, because according to everyone here, it is impossible to reverse Type 1. I remember in history class hearing about Americans in the 1950s claiming it is impossible to travel to the moon. Can you imagine the arrogance of someone making such a broad claim as "it's impossible"? Such arrogance that is. And the fact is I am not affiliated with that healthy food in any way, other than sharing my experience with it. If I could find that superior food at the supermarket, I would say I found it at the supermarket, but I didn't, I found that food at NoMoreVitamins.com. You spoke of numerous tests and clinical screenings that are required to diagnose someone from Type 1 to Type 2....couldn't I say you should refrain from peddling tests? Just trying to help you be more fair.

Lastly, you said Juvenation is intended to be a forum for truth. Who gets to decide what's true, YOU? Again, it is important to give each individual a forum to express their experiences and concerns. My experience happens to have awaken the extreme skepticism here on Juvenation. All I want to do is help one person. That person will obviously be as open-minded as me and not fear, since it is just food. I mean, you eat food, too, don't you? I can't imagine it being so difficult for anyone to comprehend how healthy food couldn't help heal your pancreas or your entire body for that matter. I read someone saying that healthy food will hurt your pancreas...what's next, healthy food will hurt your liver or heart? there are really strange ones here. Just do your own research then, go to their website, look around, and if you have a question, just email them. That's what I did and look at me now; I no longer have Type 1! Now that's TRUTH!

I think you missed the boat somewhere because you don't go from IDDM 1 to DM 2.  They are both totally separate diseases with their own sets of etiology (causes) and disease processes and treatments.  You can have both types but they don't switch.  I think what you are saying is totally understandable in type 2 as diet is a key issue in controlling it and you can stop taking insulin if you get on a correct diet, exercise, etc regimen.  Because you took insulin doesn't mean you have type 1.  I am sorry if you were given a mis diagnosis and that happens often especially in regards to diabetes because there is still way too much that is unknown and unfortunately the medical community in many areas are still 20 -30 years behind the times in what they know about both types.  If you don't have IDDM from this "cure" then you should have no diabetes at all especially if all you eat is the supplement because you don't get DM 2 as a step down from IDDM 1.  Before insulin, type 1s ate things like only lettuce and a few other types of "free" foods and survived for a brief time but  eventually they died anyway.  If you are a real type 1, I hope you are being closely monitored by a Diabetologist to see that this is not just a brief reprive and end up really hurting yourself.  

You say all you want to do is help one person but in fact if all of us type 1s would immediately take your advice and stop taking our insulin and take the supplement you would not be helping but hurting or killing many people.  Years ago a faith healer on TV said all you had to do was just reach and touch the TV and you would be healed.  Someone with Type 1 took him at his word, believed and threw away his insulin and died.  Be careful with your help because it may be something that trips someone into disaster because there are many of us who would love to have a cure dropped in our laps but as they say "if it seems too good to be true-guess what-it usually is.

I never said stop taking insulin. And I was not misdiagnosed. It's not a supplement, it's food. Check the source I gave before you assume things no one ever said.

So you consider this powder a food? Is this all you eat? You don't eat any real food besides the 7 tspns a day? This is just a supplement!

Hey there. I see you are making more of your left field assumptions...you like doing that, don't ye. I always eat as healthy as I can, as I am sure you do, too, but including Super YASAi made the big difference. And when did tomato and broccoli become a supplement? Look at the ingredients already would ye? You keep assuming things about Super YASAi that are clearly not there. It's food in a bottle; obviously that's the best way to keep it fresh and healthy.

definition of a dietary supplement by the FDA: Overview of Dietary Supplements

What is a dietary supplement?

Congress defined the term "dietary supplement" in the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994. A dietary supplement is a product taken by mouth that contains a "dietary ingredient" intended to supplement the diet. The "dietary ingredients" in these products may include: vitamins, minerals, herbs or other botanicals, amino acids, and substances such as enzymes, organ tissues, glandulars, and metabolites. Dietary supplements can also be extracts or concentrates, and may be found in many forms such as tablets, capsules, softgels, gelcaps, liquids, or powders.

Yes, INGREDIENTS: Organic Tomato, Organic Carrot, Organic Kamut, Organic Broccoli, Organic Kale, Organic Spinach, Organic Sage and Organic Cinnamon. can be considered supplement to your dietary intake.-they are botaniclals.

I do not make assumptions! I read the ingredients. I see the supplement is made from food, just like many other supplements and vitamins. You said it is food. If it was food to eat, then you would need to chew it and would not have to eat anything else to go with it. You need to quit sounding so demeaning when you talk to others, especially those of us with brains and education. I did the research on this product. It has no scientific backing that could be found. It has not been approved by the FDA or other entities well more educated and knowing than you or I. It comes in a powder and is to be used in conjunction with your normal diet. Hmm, just like every other vitamin and supplement out on the market. If it was just plain food, why pay the money for this product when we can buy it or grow it ourselves. It would be a lot cheaper to eat the whole vegetable than buy this powder form of the vegetables.Then if you grow it yourself, you get the exercise needed for good health also, or does exercise have nothing to do with maintaining a healthy lifestyle?

Everything posted on the health guru site are opinions and personal experiences. If this product were the miracle cure, we would have heard more about scientific testing. May be this product is working some sort of "cure" for you, but it might be the doctor you are seeing made a mistake about you being a type 1, also. You don't know much about diabetes and the facts are there are many variables that can cause diabetes and most of them cannot be undone by food. I was 6 years old when finally diagnosed a type 1 and it is because my pancreas and the islets of Langerhans did not produce or manufacture insulin. This was not caused by a bad diet. Trauma can also damage the pancreas and the product you are pushing will not fix the damage. You need to do more research on how diabetes is developed and what can cause this disease.