Interested in taking part in Psychology research?

The Experience of attending University and managing Type 1 Diabetes

I am currently in the process of carrying out research for my final year psychology dissertation at Liverpool John Moore’s University and require participants who meet the following criteria:

• · Age between 18 and 25
  • · Currently attending University or attended University in the last 12 months
  • · Clinically diagnosed as having Type 1 Diabetes

If you are interested in sharing your experiences, you will be asked to take part in a one to one interview which should last approximately 30 to 60 minutes.

If you are interested please email me:

Jennifer Barnes – J.E.Barnes@2017.ljmu.ac.uk

My diabetes had zero effect on my ability to earn my Master’s in psychology from UC Berkeley and my doctorate from USC

That’s great! This research is however not questioning anyone’s ability to earn undergraduate, masters, doctorates etc with type 1 diabetes, but is interested in understanding whether there are any barriers associated with doing so while managing the condition. Nevertheless, thank you for your input!:relaxed:

I’m sorry. I thought by stating my diabetes had zero effect on my ability to get a degree by going to college was pretty much self explanatory

Yes, I understand! Thats great! This research is from a health psychology perspective, and again, is not interested in whether type 1 diabetes has an effect on ones ability to get a degree or go to university. The interest is in different experiences and management strategies of those with the condition while transitioning to university, and any barriers they may face with the condition, not with ones ability to gain a degree.

I am in no way suggesting that type 1 diabetes will stop anyone from gaining a degree, especially not since I am months away from gaining mine! This is simply an undergraduate dissertation project and something that is very close to me, and so I was interested in researching further!

1 Like