Iport skin reaction

I use an Iport for multiple daily injections and never have had a problem with it. I took my last one off on Thursday and noticed I have a large mass ( fluid/pus?) under my skin, and my skin is Very red. Has anyone ever had this happen to them, and if so, how did you treat it? I have been icing it.

Hi @drkatt and thanks for writing in. I’ve never heard of much less used the iPort but it sounds really cool! Whatever it takes to make the process easier…
It sounds like you may have developed an infection. I typically treat issues like that with basic first aid - keep it clean, use first aid cream, keep it covered and keep an eye on it for a few days. If it doesn’t improve and/or if my blood sugars go high and won’t respond to my efforts to bring them down - I see (call) my doctor. A course of oral antibiotics has always done the trick for me.

Thats what I was thinking! Thank you!

@drkatt I used to get these when I was a teenager. I wear an insulin pump, and when I would wear my sites for too long a raised, red, area would show up. On the Medtronic website it speaks about this. Here’s the address. https://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/loop-blog/lumps-and-bumps-from-insulin-therapy/