Ive heard that tequila helps fite diabetes. but im not too sure. can sum1 cleart it up?

I heard on the news that the agave plant, which is used to make tequila, contains sumthing that fites osteoporosis and diabetes. I know that alcohol isn’t good for u, but if this is true, ill take a shot everyday haha does anyone know exactly how true this is? Ur feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanx :slight_smile:

I've not ever heard this, but I would guess they were referring to T2, not T1. 

pretty sure nothing fights diabetes. insulin controls it...I've had plenty of tequila in my day and definitely not cured.

[quote user="Pat"]

pretty sure nothing fights diabetes. insulin controls it...I've had plenty of tequila in my day and definitely not cured.

[/quote]

haha i've had enough shots of it to probably cure everyone on the site ;) i agree with pat on this

As far as carbs go...or Paleo diets go at least, tequila is the best alcohol you can do.

tequila has cured my stomach of whatever carbs I just ate b/c it always makes me throw up ... maybe that's what they mean?

I do belive that they are talking more about T2D than T1D. The agave plant is used for many things, not just to make tequila. You can buy agave nectar which is a natural sweetener. It's low on the glycemic index. I use it myself and I even use it in my baking. Here is a link with some information and if you do a search you will find all kinds of stuff on the agave plant.

http://www.blueagavenectar.com/glycemicindexofsugars.html

I read that on CNN.com yesterday

I'll raise a glass of Patron Sliver to the good news .... 1 tequila .. 2 tequila .. 3 tequila .. rich is on the floor.

i'm always glad i can come to juvenation for a good laugh.

tequila was my liquor of choice back in the day. definitely still diabetic.