Just need to vent!

Oh goodness, I live in AZ and my AC has been broken for 2 days! Ughhhh we aren't getting it fixed until Thursday either, and I am dyingggg haha. My blood sugar isn't a big fan of this either, but we are both trying to hang on!! Just needed to vent a bit :)

Abigail....soooo sorry to hear about your AC....it is 100 degrees where I live and I cannot imagine not having the AC.  I hope you can keep your levels good until Thursday.....drink lots of water!  Good Luck!

Oh my!! I bet you ARE dying! Hang in there! Im sending you cold thoughts! :)

I live in AZ too. As someone who has gone through this my suggestions: go to the library or a pool. and drink lots of water. Go see a movie. Get out of the house. Once when I was still living at home my family and I stayed in a hotel for a few days and our homeowner's insurance covered it. Hang in there!

[quote user="MCurran"]

I live in AZ too. As someone who has gone through this my suggestions: go to the library or a pool. and drink lots of water. Go see a movie. Get out of the house. Once when I was still living at home my family and I stayed in a hotel for a few days and our homeowner's insurance covered it. Hang in there!

[/quote]

I was going to say go to the mall.  Library AND pool sound more pleasant though.  Good suggestion.

My only additional input would be to make sure your meter and pump (not sure if you have one) don't overheat (85º + can cause misreadings in the meter).  That can be disastrous, and you don't want to be getting your AC from a hospital bed...

I live in a severely hot area too, and have experienced entire summers without AC.  I've noticed that using small ice packs and holding them on my stomach between my ribs tends to cool my whole body down.  It's what I would do every night when going to bed.  My blood sugar also seemed to stay more stable when I would do this regularly.

And, of course, you know where to turn if you have any specific problems :) holla back!

Good luck lady!

hey Abigail dont mean to brag but its 80 in WI and im dying lol 

[quote user="Fred Dilsner "]

hey Abigail dont mean to brag but its 80 in WI and im dying lol 

[/quote]

Oh wow. We aren't friends anymore :P hahaha

I have been screwed because me and my sister have been stuck at home while my parents are working so we jumped in the shower fully clothed like 3 times today haha

Finally got my AC fixed today!! Very happy, but unfortunately my little sister's hamster died yesterday from a heatstroke :( Totally traumatizing for her

aw, sorry to hear about the hamster :o( that's sad.

I know! She was bawling. :( But she is getting a new one when she feels emotionally ready