Late to class

Ok so this might sound wrong, but does anyone else have an anytime pass to the nurses office or something and if there sometimes late to class use it so you don't get a detention .i have only used it like 4 times because i was late and once to get out of class because of a test....i mean we're diabetics you think that we get at least one advantage 

I just tell my teachers whats going on so there like ok and its fine, and if i'm late to class i just get a note from the office

If, I am late do to blood sugars, or taking insulin. I usually just say so and the teachers are like whatever. I also have a sit out of gym whenever, and not have to make it up pass, because of my diabetes.

i used that excuse just so i could miss class cause i didnt do my homework!

My best friend and i, (who is also diabetic) always get a note if we are going to be late. We also get to go to lunch early so we don't miss out by missing time by testing and bolusing. One time, my teacher tried to talk me out of a test when i was low. But i still took it and made a hundred.

I test at the same time each day and my teacher knows where I am. If I'm late she's just like... ok I'll mark you present.

haha yeah i do this all the time cause sometimes i get fustrated in my dad and there alwas force-ing me to go so why not the nurse dose not mind im her right hand sometimes anyways XD

i would maybe use that.

I'm wit you man im always late to my 4th period and i just say i was testing she buys it and the world goes round we have to see the brightside of things so we do even if sometimes they arent exactly fair to everyone else. its also now fair that we have to put up wit it sooooo.....

[quote user="Ethan"]

Ok so this might sound wrong, but does anyone else have an anytime pass to the nurses office or something and if there sometimes late to class use it so you don't get a detention .i have only used it like 4 times because i was late and once to get out of class because of a test....i mean we're diabetics you think that we get at least one advantage 

[/quote]

LOL. I totally get what you mean, but the thing is if Im having some sugar issue I normally just have to take the test or fail it, and my sugars are off so I can't think properly.

But my Bestie DEFINATELY have the benefit of my diabetes, She gets too go to the Home Ec. Class for treats with me when my sugars are low, leave class when I have to check my sugars, and not have to participate in some annoying class activities cuz she has to "watch and take care of me" :P LOL

Of course I've done things like this before.  I try to avoid it now, but occasionally I would go to the clinic during a specific class so I could do my homework another time and not take a 0, or so I could study for a test.  I really don't recommend it, though.  It's not very helpful in the long run.

I've never had this problem before oddly enough. I don't know if it's weird or what but I'm in high school and the nurse doesn't check on me ever. I don't ever go in her office to test or anything. I'm on a pump now but even when I wasn't I didn't have to go to her office. In middle school I had to but not anymore. Matter of fact I'm not even totally sure who exactly our nurse is. I have emergency supplies in her office but I never go in there.

I've also never had a problem with being low in class in high school. I know that's a good thing but it makes me wonder what I would do...  My teachers are all really great though so I'm sure it'd be no problem. Plus it's not like a teacher could tell you that you couldn't do anything about it.  And if they did I'm pretty sure I"d walk out of class anyways...  

I actually almost got expelled for something like that. I wasn't allowed to have my blood testing thing on me, but i clip it on a belt loop every where else i go so I wlked out of the office with it, a teacher hu didn't know me reported me to the office, and the secretary came down to the bathroom i was in and wrote me up and i had 2 withdraw from school

Mathew,

That is insane. You know that we have legal rights for being diabetic. They can't take that type of stuff away from us, we need it to be healthy. You could sue.

Yeah really, ive had plenty of teachers at my school threaten me with OSS, just because i refused to turn over my pump to them, them thinking its a cellphone

There was one teacher that thought my pump was a phone and tried to take it away from me. I refused and walked away, AFTER I told her what it was. I don't understand WHY she would think I would lie about that. Like seriously? I didn't get in trouble but it was weird. And I got a detention once for being late to band without a note from the office. I was so mad...

I did tha once when I forgot my homework in my locker. I realy bad about it but the teacher never found out.

they arnt allowed to do that if u need you diabetes stuff u should have it on u im not allowed to go anywhere without it!

For me i have a meeting at the beginning of the yr with all my teachers and they just let me out of class if i tell them i'm having a diabetic problem and i need to go to the nurse. MY mom also works at my school so sometimes i go to see her for help and my teachers let me.

Yeah, I had a teacher who would give me a tardy for going and checking ketones. My mom complained, and the teacher got kind of ticked off, but whatever. And if I need to eat because I gave myself insulin, she sends me up to the office. (thereby missing class time, which my teacher complained about) Am I the only one who thinks this is totally messed up?