Looking for T1D Teens

Oh I’m so sorry! Have you talked to an adult about it? That’s inappropriate and plain mean. No one, especially “friends”, should be making fun of you in person or on social media because of diabetes. :rage::sob:

yes i have and thank you do you wanna be friends? if you do whats you number if your ok with telling me or email?

Sorry I’m not allowed to share my email/phone number with someone my parents haven’t met in person. You can direct message me through this forum and we can keep chatting here :slight_smile:

ok well i got to go to the store ill be back later

hey, dose anyone wanna talk?

Sorry I didn’t see this before now. sure :slight_smile:

im sorry my power went out.really bad storm.

Yikes! Do you live somewhere near the midwest/where a lot of the tornados have been happening?

i live in Kentucky Louisville

Random question.
Do any of you use your pump/cgm receiver/other random thing to keep your textbooks open when you’re studying?
My tandem pump is my new favorite thing to use to keep the pages from flipping back and forth.

Hi! My names Sophie I’m 14, I’ve had t1d for 5 years now. I kind of just discovered this on the JDRF website but im hoping I can meet more teens like me.

Hi Sophie! You came to the right place :slight_smile:
My names Lise, I’m 16, T1D has been my not so friendly sidekick for 3 years.

Wow! You live really close to where I live, I live near Central City! Never thought I’d see someone from Kentucky on here!

nice im at school right now what about you

Hi lise! Also does anyone here have the dexcom/tslim combo?

@Sophie0034 Yes I have the Tslim and dex combo. Do you have a pump?
I see in your profile picture that you have your dex in a noticeable spot on your arm. I take it you’re not super self conscious about your devices? What’s the craziest/funniest reaction you’ve gotten when people ask you what your CGM is?

The internet is a small world……

I’m taking a day off to get caught up on some homework that I was unable to do last week because I had a hardly noticeable cold that made my BG go bonkers. Otherwise I’d be typing my responses under my desk at school!

Do any of you have hypoglycemic unawareness? I only feel my bgs 50% of the time, and usually only when I’m super low, like in the 50’s.

i can fill it in the 90s and when it goes down supper fast like for an exaple ill be with my girlfriend and we will go to the park and race talk and walk and ill sit down shes like you good and i check my bg and i was like its 80
ps.i am a girl to im just bi (just anted to let yall know)

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am Kyriakos and I got diagnosed with T1D a little over a year ago. The initial adjustment to living with diabetes was tough. In fact, I was diagnosed on vacation in Punta Cana, and had to immediately return to the US for treatment. However, I have since managed to maintain a tight control of my diabetes. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about Omnipod 5, Dexcom G6, living with diabetes, or if you just want to chat. Can’t wait to meet more teens with T1D!