Just joined here, so hello!
I hope this is the correct category for this post…
I have had T1D now for almost 28 years and I have been on an insulin pump (all medtronic) for almost 20 years. I am needing to get a new pump since the warranty on my current one has run out and I am interested in getting the 770G system with the CGM setup, but I have never used the CGM before…
With my current pump, I had the option to use the CGM, but I just didn’t feel like having to have 2 different things in my stomach at the same time because I have always had issues with scar tissue and I didn’t want to risk not having any space to put new infusion sets.
I am at the point now where I am definitely more interested in using the CGM with the newest pump, but I have no experience with it or know of anyone who has used it before (I don’t know anyone around me who even has T1D), so I wanted to come here and see if anyone has any feedback on the CGM through medtronic?
- Ease of use?
- Best places to put it?
- Does it seem to really help curtail highs and lows or to even just alert you to them?
- When the CGM notices your blood sugar trending low, does it then tell your pump to turn off your basal rate until your blood sugar starts to increase again and then it turns on again? I’m just wanting to know what the specific benefits of the CGM are in terms of helping to manage my BG, especially late at night…
- Is it difficult to add the CGM to your body?
- Has anyone ever had any pain or bruising or scar tissue in the area where the CGM was placed?
- Is it a lot more work to have the CGM along with the pump?
Since this is such a big decision and the pricing is different for each option, I just want to hear from people who are or have used the CGM system through minimed and what your experiences have been with it, good or bad.
I really appreciate any feedback or information you can share!