Missed Periods. Kinda freakin out here

I have missed two periods now.  I am 30 years old.  I had my tubes tied 6 years ago and a pregnancy test says negative, but I am still a little freaked out.  I have not been sick and not under any more stress than usual (other than missing a period!).  My sister says maybe I am just going through the change early, but I don't know........  I will be seeing my general doctor next week, but wanted to know if anyone here has gone through this?  Is it common?  Should I be worried?  Could it be "the change"?  I wouldn't mind if it was.

That happened to me just recently.  I'm 35 and had my tubes tied over 10 years ago.  I had been dealing with a lot of stress, but the more I thought about my missed period the worse it got.  I had had a period in December, and then nothing... not a drop (pardon the pun) until end of March.  I had it on my calendar to call my doctor if nothing had happend by X date, and that morning I crossed out the reminder.  I remember thinking, after it started, "Dang it - now that I know everything is fine, why can't it be the change and me be done with it?!"  I don't know how common it is, but I would almost be willing to bet that your doctor will say it is something to be expected since you have D.  Hang it there, but after you see your doctor let us know that you're OK.

Thanks for the reply Jenn.  I have had irregular periods before, but for the last couple of years it seems like they always follow my sister.  At first I was so worried I was pregnant.  I thought if the test was negative, I would stop worrying, but then I thought, "Well, if I'm not pregnant, something must be wrong!"  LOL.  

You gotta love what runs through our minds.  We freak out because something might be, and then freak out if that might be isn't.  There is (some) truth in the old addage "you're darned if you do and darned if you don't".  :-D

Exactly Jenn!  Anyway an update:  Right before I would have made an appointment, I started.  :)  I will go ahead and make an appointment for an exam since I have not had one since I had my tubes tied almost seven years ago.  Boy does time fly!  I still find myself going "WHEW!".

I'm glad you got the WHEW!!  I actually find it quite comforting that I wasn't the ONLY one to have to deal with this.  I'm just thankful for a very understanding OBGYN who let's me freak out and doesn't look at me strange.

I'm a bit younger than the rest of you, and I've never had to worry about being pregnant, but my periods were never normal. My OBGYN, whom I've been seeing since 6th grade, said that since I'm diabetic and one of my hormone systems is off, that sometimes other systems get a little screwed up too. I've always been under good control, but i guess sometimes that doesn't matter. =P