Mom took off?

Should a Dr be notified with coming off pump preminiately…
Her mother let her go back on a pen because she didn’t like changing every 3 days and said feels it 24/7…
Only been on pump 4 months and also under 9 months with type 1…
Should Dr been told or amount changed ??

Absolutely but why isn’t the Father handling this instead of the Stepmom getting involved in this. It would seem that the Stepmom’s involvement would only make things more complicated ather than helping the child get the medical attention she needs.

First of all, how old is this child? Having T1D less than a year, she is still getting used to the daily gruel of this disease. Pumping is complicated and without understanding, it’s even harder. Should you call the doctor—absolutely. the doc would have to calculate her insulin dosage. Any change in diabetes management has its dangers and should be guided by a doctor. Looks like the mother is in denial or feeling guilty about the daughters diagnosis instead of acting in her best interest. Good luck.

Hello Step Mom, It’s wonderful that the position you’re taking in your daughters treatment puts her in charge by way of informing her of all of her options. It is both empowering and encouraging when parents “listen”.(My adult friends still don’t “listen”!!! or GET IT…)
Educating yourself through ADA, Mayo clinic, Web Md sites etc is one of the ways you will be able to make better sense of what is happening to her body. One thing no one has mentioned yet is that insulin is a hormone… With that one word I realized what a delicate balance it is to stay healthy. One minute I’m too high and angry because the cat sneezed then all of the sudden I’m low and anxious because the cat sneezed. This disease is a roller coaster and 2+2 should = 4 but not always. I use the nano needles and pen, and still don’t like it. At first diagnosis age 42, I would struggle for up to 20 minutes with leg exposed and just couldn’t shoot! I knew I couldn’t eat until the insulin was in me and I was starving! I would literally sit with the pen in hand and just couldn’t do it… sounds silly I know. It still hurts if I’m the slightest bit dehydrated or the needle isn’t fresh. Once I shot a muscle and the insulin pocketed and bruised. UGH!! OUCH! Everyone is different, try to help her figure out what works best for her. Be patient and understanding… I’m 4 yrs in and I still get angry,sad, and discouraged at how hard and all consuming this life change is BUT then on the days when 2+2=4 … I’m so happy …
Prayers

Thanks for on-site and help… she is 13 now 12 when type 1. And the dad is involved but controlling mom keeps us out of loops until after, and yes having me try to say look into this just causes the ex… to be mad and shut out more even thou he has joint custody and have every other week when she feels like it…(long story).
And no they didn’t notify Dr. at U of M…and when told daughter to get us the Dr or social workers number, mom just says I handle it so we hit brick walls. (What daughter and her mom want they get/do) that’s why we have reached out thru the sumtmits and you guys for suggestions
Thanks I trying to get her a mentor family but mom threw number away, I back on that again. Since I heard mom did that.