❤️❤️❤️my Tandem Pump & Deccom G6

It’s been about 2 months of using them together and I’m in love! My CDE taught me some great tips and I’m finally able to work out while My pump stays attached with no issues (*using exercise mode Special profile and a quick pre- workout air bolus!) And I never wake up low! I don’t even wake up in middle of the night anymore!

If u are considering Tandem and G6 don’t hesitate! I’m on an 18 mo payment plan too which helps a lot! Just wanted to throw out some kudos on a job well done by both of these companies!!!

Hi Sue @SChristou , I agree with you that the Control IQ is really a great AIDs. If you are throwing out praise for development, don’t just limit that praise to the manufacturers, but rather give thanks to the hard working Medical Scientists who made this all possible - Disclaimer: my daughter is a Medical Research Scientist. The CIQ algorithm was developed, and tested by the Medical Scientists at the Medical College of the University of Virginia with collaboration of many other researchers, testers, medical practitioners, and of course the JDRF.

Now a question, what is an “air bolus”?

Absolutely Dennis! Thanks to your daughter and others - the algorithms are amazing! Air bolus is when u disco give a bolus but cancel before any is delivered U trick the pump so that IF ur sugar rises for whatever reason during exercise u don’t get insulin delivered That really Happened to Me!
but Never again since learning that trick In addition to turning on exercise activity and my exercise profile 90 min on advance!

Dennis
Dennis Dacey, pwD
Member with T1D

April 1

Hi Sue @SChristou , I agree with you that the Control IQ is really a great AIDs. If you are throwing out praise for development, don’t just limit that praise to the manufacturers, but rather give thanks to the hard working Medical Scientists who made this all possible - Disclaimer: my daughter is a Medical Research Scientist. The CIQ algorithm was developed, and tested by the Medical Scientists at the Medical College of the University of Virginia with collaboration of many other researchers, testers, medical practitioners, and of course the JDRF.

Now a question, what is an “air bolus”?

I have another 10months until I am able to get a new system. The tslim with dexcom g6 is what I want. I am using the g6 with my 630g pump. I can’t wait!!!