New family

Hi!  Our daughter was diagnosed Nov 2011 (Thanksgiving Day).  Since then we have been blessed... We've discovered her strength and resolve, our family togetherness, and found that living with Diabetes is possible!  She is 11 now and we've discovered some of the challenges, but thusfar have been able to manage well.  So glad to find this site....look forward to chatting with all of you! 

Hi Loryn,

Congrats on your wonderful attitude! My daughter is 12, and was diagnosed 3/2010. The first few months were very challenging, but it’s gotten much easier since then. We still have challenging moments, but now we feel like we have the experience to handle them (at least most of the time). Diabetes is always there, but it doesn’t define my daughter. Welcome to the club. Please let me know if I can provide any support, one mom to another.

Michelle

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you here :o)

Hi, Ny daughter was diagnosed March 13th 2012, she is amazing and taking it all in stride.

Loryn,

I was also diagnosed on Thanksgiving! Nov. 25, 2000. Glad you have a great outlook, and also so happy you joined the site!