New insulin in 2013

Just read Novo Nordisk is coming out with a new insulin they say is better than Lantus.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101223/hl_afp/denmarkhealthpharmacompanynovonordisk_20101223185352

I thought this paragraph will not make type 2's happy LOL

According to the World Health Organization, more than 220 million people worldwide have diabetes, which occurs when the body cannot produce insulin to regulate blood sugar levels or cannot use natural insulin effectively due to overweight and absence of sufficient exercise.

PS

the bold and underline is me.

Have you read anything else about how this insulin acts differently than Lantus? I would love to get off Lantus -- it's better than NPH, but for me, it's never quite lived up to the billing it had when it came out. I know that most doctors think those studies linking it to tumors aren't solid, but I'd still feel good about getting off of it for that reason too...

[quote user="Sarah"]

Have you read anything else about how this insulin acts differently than Lantus? I would love to get off Lantus -- it's better than NPH, but for me, it's never quite lived up to the billing it had when it came out. I know that most doctors think those studies linking it to tumors aren't solid, but I'd still feel good about getting off of it for that reason too...

[/quote]

They said it was better because it had a lower rate of low bs at night/sleeping.