New to Juvenation

Hello - I am new to Juvenation and to "Parents of Children with Type 1."  My oldest daughter is 4 now and was diagnosed in Aug. 2007 at the age of 2 1/2.  We've had and continue to have lots of ups and downs, highs and lows, and an ever changing battle to gain control of her diabetes.  I look forward to learning from everybody and hopefully helping others too.  It is nice to talk to others that really understand the everyday challenges of diabetes.  When you tell someone that you have to count carbs, check blood sugar 6 times a day and dose accordingly, they truely don't understand what that entails.

Have a great weekend!

Welcome Andrea!  I have 4 kids (17,13,11,and 6).  My youngest, Destiny, was diagnosed at the age of 4.  We have definatly had some ups and downs but we seem to be doing good also.  I agree that only another family with diabetes understands how important it is to count carbs, and how difficult it can be!  My daughter started Kindergarten this year and that has been a real experience.  How many kids do you have?

Hi Andrea

My son (7) was diagnosed Nov 08  so we just had our 1 year "anniversary".  We too have our daily ups and downs.  This site is great to talk to other parents who understand our days, fears, joys, etc.  Welcome and I look forward to chatting with you.

Kendra

Hi Andrea, It's great to have you here with us on Juvenation. There's a lot of info here on the site that I hope will help you manage your daughter's diabetes. We all hit similar challenges withthe disease, and  agree with you that it's nice to be able to vet them to a group that has a common perspective.

~ Red