Newly pregnant and feeling overwhelmed by my sugars

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and am excited to be a part of this community! Am feeling a bit overwhelmed and emotional right now so was hoping I could seek some advice and support. A little background…my husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for about a year (or more) with no luck. I sought fertility treatment midway through, had 3 failed IUI’s, and was getting ready to start IVF treatment in a month or two. During this in between period, I loosened up a bit on controlling my sugars and have had a fair amount of highs especially through the night. Well fast forward, I just found out I am pregnant (probably around 4-5 weeks). I am in disbelief and shock. Overjoyed beyond words yet so terrified at how my sugars have been. I have made an obgyn and endo appointment and am back on a Dexcom CGM. I am trying to keep my sugars in control but it’s been so difficult. Am assuming part of it is my hormones. I have switched over to a low carb diet but even with that I am getting regular highs. The CGM also does not seem accurate as my finger pricks are showing completely different numbers (50+ higher). I have tried calibrating but the numbers still seem off. Does anyone have any experience with any of this and/or recommendations? Thank you all so much!

Hi @SugarWarrior . Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your pregnancy! I’ve never been pregnant so can’t give any first-hand advice but I encourage you to read through the previous posts on the topic as got wait from responses from moms.
Here’s one thread that may give you comfort as you wait to see your doctor -. hopefully you and your medical team will get you “on track” so you can enjoy your pregnancy with less worries.

@wadawabbit Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing the post!