I evaluated both the OmniPod and the Medtronic Paradigm. The latter is what I chose. Here was my motivation
1. Great customer support
2. Built-in glucosimeter (so you don't have to carry two things in your purse or on your person)
3. No tubing
4. Nice features on the pump
1. Felt like I had a beeper attached to my body. Got in the way especially at the gym.
2. I'm a bigger girl, and I could really see it through my clothes, might not be as obvious if you are smaller and wear looser clothes.
3. A bit harder to load.
4. Not sure how it would stay attached esp. in summertime when I sweat a lot.
5. Felt it a lot when I slept
1. You don't feel the infusion set AT ALL. Its almost completely painless to insert.
2. Easy to load, check your values, small handheld device
3. Less expensive (just a smidge)
4. Pump is customizable - jacket and color
5. Smaller profile - you cant see the infusion set at all, even through the tightest clothing - if you place it right
2. Need two pieces of equipment - glucosimeter and pump
3. Pump has an "old school" LCD display - not as snazzy as the omnipod