Okay - It's not exactly a burnout thing - until you account for the fact that these little nitty things make (see keep) me CRANKY. I know some of you think I might be cranky anyhow, but the following are the things that I blame for my generally discourteous demeanor:
1. Test meters with a back light and no light on the test port. Do they really think I need to review old results in the dark without finding out where I am now? Or do they think it’s easy enough to find a small drop of blood and match it to their tiny test strip in a dark room. In a word, THPLLLLLLLLLLLLT!
2. Anyone selling a box of 100 lancets. Really?!?!?!? I go through – oh, I don’t know one every 14-18 months. Has my life expectancy gone up dramatically???
3. Whoever QA passed those syringes from Walmart that were delivering 2.5 TIMES the intended dose. Could it have really been that hard to spot a problem here???
4. The fact that nobody has found a way to keep the bottled test strips from sticking to each other. Does this really just happen to me??? (I’m using the Flash strips – see item 1 for the reason)
5. Being forced to use Mail-order insulin. Not that I believe my friends at UPS will compromise the temperature requirements of my life-giving/saving medication by leaving it on my front step in 20 below weather or on a 90 degree day… I really ought to write a special thank you to my insurance provider… :-S
6. “Sugar free” products that have a higher carb count than their “regular” versions
7. Every ad that claims to have a cure for Type 1 diabetes
8. Packages with titles like “Diabetic Socks” – ummm how much insulin do they take???
I am thankful for EVERYONE out there who gets it :) Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll!